Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winterwizz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
I've tried coping the artwork for tv shows but it just keeps showing a frame from the show. i really don't know what to do. Please help.

AeroBar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
hi,

do you mean you've imported video to iTunes and are trying to attach the artwork from the iTunes store version of the show?
I'd like to know how also.

regards.

winterwizz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
well what i did was i transfered the avi file i has with Movie2iTunes into mov files. it would play fine on my itunes and appeared in the TV Shows folder on Front Row. However I could not get the artwork I want to show. I went to Get Info and attached the jpg file i wanted, but after saving the changes all I get is a scene from the show as my artwork.

i'm wondering if i'm doing anything wrong since i see so many people here with great artwork for the tv shows and movies.

JCastro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Go to "Get Info" for the TV Show and go to the Art Work Tab. There should be a "picture" of the TV show scene and the new art work if you added it correctly. Click on the scene and hit the delete button right below. It should now display the new art work. Let me know if it works.

filman408

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2006
San Jose, CA
MOV extension doesn't really like artwork. M4V works fine with artwork. You cant just change the extension (it might work, but i doubt it).

JCastro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
MOV extension doesn't really like artwork. M4V works fine with artwork. You cant just change the extension (it might work, but i doubt it).

You can't just change the extension. The video is encoded differently. MOV files will play in iTunes but will not load on iPod's or iPhones. Download Handbrake or any other video convertor and convert it to MP4 or M4V.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.