Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craigdawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Sactown
Check the photos yo. I see an iBook and a PowerBook but no PCs. :D

I will be at the game Thursday vs. Florida and will try not to spill my $7.50 domestic beer on anyone's Macs, not because I care about your computer--leave them at home please--but because I can't afford to spill a drop!

SBC Park a hot spot for fans lugging laptops
Giants' ball yard now outfitted with Wi-Fi
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/04/26/MNGQS6B1K61.DTL

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
craigdawg said:

I will be at the game Thursday vs. Florida and will try not to spill my $7.50 domestic beer on anyone's Macs, not because I care about your computer--leave them at home please--but because I can't afford to spill a drop!

I hate SBC and the Giants, being an Oaklander myself. but the one thing I'll give it is at least its got anchor steam on tap (it is expensive, but at least its there). Wi-fi at the park I could care less about. How do you stand up and yell on a line drive double when you're worried about spilling your beer on your laptop. Then again, seems like a lot of giants fans, or at least the people who go to SBC, don't really care enough about the game to have that be a concern anyway.

Enjoy the wi-fi while its free. They charge for it next year.

craigdawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Sactown
strider42 said:
Then again, seems like a lot of giants fans, or at least the people who go to SBC, don't really care enough about the game to have that be a concern anyway.

Yes! That seems to be a perception that dogs Giants fans and I can't say that I disagree. I like the way you put it, "the people who go to SBC". I'm not sure that a lot of them know anyone on the team except for Barry.

A good friend of mine who's a big A's fan calls us all yuppies. It has something to do with being on the Peninsula or something because I saw some yuppie-like activity at a Stanford football game last season. Picnic tables, box lunches, chardonnays, etc.

I went to a few A's games last season. OK one. Game 2 of the NLDS against the Sox. My friend and I are trying to score tickets for the A's interleague series against the Cubbies.

I've been there for a game once and don't remember seeing any yuppies. :D

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
craigdawg said:

Nope, two powerbooks a 15" Ti and a 15" Al

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
craigdawg said:
Yes! That seems to be a perception that dogs Giants fans and I can't say that I disagree. I like the way you put it, "the people who go to SBC". I'm not sure that a lot of them know anyone on the team except for Barry.

A good friend of mine who's a big A's fan calls us all yuppies. It has something to do with being on the Peninsula or something because I saw some yuppie-like activity at a Stanford football game last season. Picnic tables, box lunches, chardonnays, etc.

I went to a few A's games last season. OK one. Game 2 of the NLDS against the Sox. My friend and I are trying to score tickets for the A's interleague series against the Cubbies.

I've been there for a game once and don't remember seeing any yuppies. :D

Yeah, the coliseum crowd is pretty cool. used to be even better when the drummers were there for every game. Anything that actually makes George Steinbrenner complain to the league like a whiny kid is a good thing :D you tend to get a lot of real baseball fans on Oakland. ESPN.com did aa nice review of all the parks in baseball and basically said the same thing.

I respect Giants fan's that know something about baseball, but SBC is plagued (especially when it first opened) by corporatations buying blocks of tickets for entertainment or perks, and by people who wanted to go to the park more than watch the game. NO ONE goes to the coliseum just for the coliseum, you go for a day out or because you really love the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.