Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bazza67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Hi, I purchased my D-Link DBT-120 bluetooth in the Applestore a month or so ago to use on my Mac and PC. It has been working fine on my iBook but today I came to try it on my PC. I downloaded the drivers from D-Link and half way through the install I get asked for a security key.
Apparently if I had bought the adaptor from anywhere else except the Apple store I would have got this key with an install CD. Talking with D-Link I am told that the adaptors from Apple do not qualify for a key so I am left with a mac only bluetooth adaptor.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way round this that doesn't involve buying a second bluetooth adaptor?

Thanks for any help.

Barry.

zkmusa

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Dallas, TX
If you still have the CD that came with the driver, it will not ask for a security key.

If you lost that CD, you can still obtain a security key. Here is a link:

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1328&question=DBT-120 / DBT-120_revB3

It says that if you purchase it from Apple, you will not qualify. That's completely untrue as I recently applied, and received the key within 5 minutes.

Let me know if you have any problems.

kshebar

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2004
It didn't work

Hi I had the same problem, I entered that adress but i couldn't get my Key.
Do you know what else to do?

zkmusa said:
If you still have the CD that came with the driver, it will not ask for a security key.

If you lost that CD, you can still obtain a security key. Here is a link:

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1328&question=DBT-120 / DBT-120_revB3

It says that if you purchase it from Apple, you will not qualify. That's completely untrue as I recently applied, and received the key within 5 minutes.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.