Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:33 PM   #1
olliea95
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to olliea95 Send a message via MSN to olliea95 Send a message via Skype™ to olliea95
Keynote slide display settings

Hello, I when I am in Keynote, and working on slides that are smaller than the window size (the picture will explain) I like the slide to be in the center of the windows - like Powerpoint.

I hate to have to use Powerpoint, just because I need to work with objects off the screen. I have looked everywhere for the setting; but not found it yet. I know it must be out there!

Anyway, thanks.

EDIT: This is Keynote '09
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Keynote.png
Views:	17
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	168884  

Last edited by olliea95; Apr 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Grammatical correction + information addition
olliea95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:40 PM   #2
Molnies
macrumors member

As far as I know it's not possible. But why does it matter? I mean you're considering switching to Powerpoint for this reason??
Why not just make the Keynote window smaller, no need for that wasted space and if it's because you want to see all the tools in the toolbar, just use the "Show: Icons", instead of Icons and Text, to minimize the space the toolbar takes...

If I've misunderstood you, can you explain more detailed, for to me this is a non-issue?
Molnies is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:43 PM   #3
olliea95
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to olliea95 Send a message via MSN to olliea95 Send a message via Skype™ to olliea95
Sorry I wasn't very clear, but sometimes I have to work with objects that are off the slide to the left. Doesn't particularly matter much, but often I have text scrolling from left to right, starting off-slide.

Usually not a problem, but for these occasional presentations then I have to use Powerpoint.
olliea95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store