Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olliea95

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
Surrey, UK
Hello, I when I am in Keynote, and working on slides that are smaller than the window size (the picture will explain) I like the slide to be in the center of the windows - like Powerpoint.

I hate to have to use Powerpoint, just because I need to work with objects off the screen. I have looked everywhere for the setting; but not found it yet. I know it must be out there!

Anyway, thanks.

EDIT: This is Keynote '09

Attachments

• Keynote.png
    Keynote.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 93

Molnies

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2006
Sweden
As far as I know it's not possible. But why does it matter? I mean you're considering switching to Powerpoint for this reason??
Why not just make the Keynote window smaller, no need for that wasted space — and if it's because you want to see all the tools in the toolbar, just use the "Show: Icons", instead of Icons and Text, to minimize the space the toolbar takes...

If I've misunderstood you, can you explain more detailed, for to me this is a non-issue?

olliea95

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
Surrey, UK
Sorry I wasn't very clear, but sometimes I have to work with objects that are off the slide to the left. Doesn't particularly matter much, but often I have text scrolling from left to right, starting off-slide.

Usually not a problem, but for these occasional presentations then I have to use Powerpoint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.