Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
hey guys, I'm downloading BF Heroes on my Windows PC right now... (beta version, in case you're interested too just head to gamespot and grab your key! mine was delivered instantly, just sign in and go to the game page!)
Does anyone know if there will be mac support for it at some point?
Couldn't find the answer on the official forum, maybe someone has any rumor and is willing to share? :p

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
prob not anytime soon considering it has been in dev for awhile and only in beta phase now on pc. I say don't hold your breath, but if it does come out, hoping the servers can swap profiles

anyway I got a beta key today via their signup but had issues activating it. the websites would not go anywhere after submitting. step 3 and step 4.. can't seem to log into the play.battlefield site

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
prob not anytime soon considering it has been in dev for awhile and only in beta phase now on pc. I say don't hold your breath, but if it does come out, hoping the servers can swap profiles

anyway I got a beta key today via their signup but had issues activating it. the websites would not go anywhere after submitting. step 3 and step 4.. can't seem to log into the play.battlefield site

Yeah, on a deeper search I found out that it`s being developed for XP and Vista for now, but maybe more operational systems will be supported later.

Hmm.. my key activated fine. Did you copy and paste the full code gamespot gave you? you have to create one exclusive account for the beta and then link it to your official EA account first. play.battlefield asks for the login of the beta, not your EA account login, remember that! (my beta login is different than my EA login, maybe yours is too?)

It`s a pretty addictive game!

alkar

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
I couldnt make it to work with Crossover (C++ errors) but I tried it with VMWare Fusion and was surprised it worked out beautifully (except you should play it in Medium Details, not High else graphics are messed up) and was definitely playable.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I couldnt make it to work with Crossover (C++ errors) but I tried it with VMWare Fusion and was surprised it worked out beautifully (except you should play it in Medium Details, not High else graphics are messed up) and was definitely playable.

that's surprising may try that. just downloaded it in bootcamp but didn't mess w/ it

palebluedot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008

What are the specs on your machine that ran Fusion? And what allotments did you use? If Fusion can play it well I may have to reinstall Fusion :p

I just hate how Fusion runs all these background processes all the time when you startup your Mac like a network process and stuff. Ugh.

alkar

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
hackint0sh with a 8800 GT + C2D E6600@3.50GHz. Oh and I had to disable the VMWare mouse driver, else the mouse goes crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.