Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
if you could run this on linux for PPC, that would be totally sweet. seriously. windows-only apps would require neither windows nor VPC (assuming it works well). hotness. :eek: :D

skyfex

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2004
Guys.. If you dig deeply into the site you will find that they haven't even begun actual development. Definetly vapor-ware.. I think I'm gonna place my trust with Wine for now. And the better wine.. the better darwine.. when that project is finished.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
skyfex said:
Guys.. If you dig deeply into the site you will find that they haven't even begun actual development. Definetly vapor-ware.. I think I'm gonna place my trust with Wine for now. And the better wine.. the better darwine.. when that project is finished.

If darwine is finished and works I am so going to lord it over my Windows friends. WMP9 yep got that, oh Exchange server, yep got that, oh BagelV, nope don't got that.

In the immortal words of Nelson:

Haha!

How come no one talks to me?

skyfex

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2004
http://www.inq7.net/inf/2004/apr/26/inf_4-1.htm

This article seems to contradict what i recently posted. It looks as if they have developed it and can already run office. Well.. If it's not bull**** I hope they port it to Mac.. or make it open source so we can slap an x86 emulator on top and eventually convert the X11 code to Aqua.. As Darwine is doing with Wine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.