Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wearmaize

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
All guides that I have followed on Apple's website have been useless. I always get an error when uploading my zipped up app. I've paid the $100. I am especially stuck on this step:
In the Properties Pane of the Target Info window, enter the Bundle Identifier portion of your App ID. If you have used an
explicit App ID you must enter the Bundle Identifier portion of the App ID in the Identifier field. For example enter
com.domainname.applicationname if your App ID is A1B2C3D4E5.com.domainname.applicationnam... If you have used a
wildcard asterisk character in your App ID, replace the asterisk with whatever string you choose.
I get the error:
"The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate."
If anyone could explain the step better PLEASE let me know. I'm not sure what to put for the com.domainname.applicationname stuff and I think that's what the error's about. Thank you so much!

man2manno

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2009
No actually I believe your problem is within your code signing. I ran into that a lot. You need to make sure that you code sign your app as an iphone:Distribution

You need to get a Distribution certificate and provision. You may also need to download and install the WWDR intermediate certificate, which can be found where you recieve your certificate. Properly code sign it and that should solve your problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.