Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 1, 2009, 11:23 AM   #1
cantthinkofone
macrumors 65816

Handbrake cutting off tv shows

I have only noticed this with Star Trek episodes. Handbrake sees the whole episode when i load the source, but then when i go to watch them after they are converted some times 1-5 minutes are cut off from the end of a episode. Some times they end right as the credits start.

I've tried 0.9.3, and 0.9.2, and i use the xbox 360 preset. The only thing on the preset i change is the crop. It tents to crop 1-6 on the video.
cantthinkofone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Rich1963
macrumors 6502

My advice would be to go post this over on Handbrake's forum WITH an activity log. Some of the Handbrake devs are known to stop in here, but either way an activity log is definitely going to be needed. Good luck.
Rich1963 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 12:45 PM   #3
neverbuyapc
macrumors newbie

Sleep

The problem probably is that you let your computer go to sleep while handbrake is ripping the dvd. It's really annoying, but whenever your computer goes to sleep while you are ripping a dvd, it ends the rip, so make sure you turn off sleep mode (and probably screen saver, just to be sure) and make sure you are plugged in.
neverbuyapc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 12:50 PM   #4
NightStorm
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverbuyapc View Post
The problem probably is that you let your computer go to sleep while handbrake is ripping the dvd. It's really annoying, but whenever your computer goes to sleep while you are ripping a dvd, it ends the rip, so make sure you turn off sleep mode (and probably screen saver, just to be sure) and make sure you are plugged in.
I've never had this happen to me, although I never put my system to sleep... just the monitor.

As Rich1963 suggested above, an activity log would go a long way in troubleshooting this problem.
NightStorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2009, 12:53 PM   #5
spice weasel
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverbuyapc View Post
Does this happen to you? I've never had this happen to me, and I've encoded hundreds of DVDs with HandBrake. There was an issue with muxing being interrupted by a computer going to sleep in the last stage of the encode, but that was back with 0.9.1 (I think). Even then, as soon as you woke your computer it would go back to muxing and complete the encode just fine.
spice weasel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater