Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old May 2, 2009, 01:40 PM   #1
hellfire88
macrumors 6502

Time Machine Backup (on Time Capsule) not recognized?

Hi Guys/Gals,

I've been away from the Mac world for awhile (Got a Unibody Macbook 2.0 late last year but my girlfriend liked it so much I gave it to her. Been using a Windows Laptop ever since). I just got a Unibody Macbook 2.4 recently and wanted to restore it with my old Time Machine Backup (stored on my Time Capsule) that I made in December 08. Unfortunately, Migration Assistance on my new Unibody 2.4 can only see my GF's MB and Mac Mini backups.

I access the time capsule with Finder and see my time Capsule backup file, however. Is there some way to get it to "recognize" it? Or did it get "corrupted" somehow and I'm SOL? Not too big of a deal I suppose but definately makes me a bit less trusting of Time Machine (I held it in high regards ). Any ideas? Thanks.
hellfire88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 12:49 PM   #2
hellfire88
macrumors 6502

Anyone ever had this happen? Guess I'll start re-installing everything and customizing from scratch then . Kind of a bummer that the "easy restore" Time Machine touted can't be used after many months of routine Time Machine Backups.
hellfire88 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2009, 03:36 PM   #3
s1w
macrumors member

same problem

I've go the same problem, backed up over my AEBS to a lacie drive and went to do a full restore and the backup was never recognized by migration assistant.

No help here yet.
s1w is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2009, 03:45 PM   #4
LiquidSpikes
macrumors member

you guys too?

I have had the same problem in the past as well!
LiquidSpikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals