Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 4, 2009, 09:02 AM   #1
scrappledog
macrumors member

iTunes updates in Chinese -- help

When I am offered a new update for iTunes, the instructions come across in Chinese characters. My friend, who speaks Chinese after living in China for several years, used to use my computer to speak with friends back there, and I think he's done something to my language settings that make iTunes default to Chinese in this case.

The program works fine once I download it, but I'd like to get the instructions back in English.
scrappledog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Airforcekid
macrumors 65816

Redownload iTunes from the american apple website and check your computers language/country. If that dosent work restore your iPod maybe you updated to a chinese firmware?
Old May 4, 2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Mac or PC? And which OS?
Old May 5, 2009, 12:53 PM   #4
scrappledog
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
Mac or PC? And which OS?
It's a PC (Sony Vaio, 3-4 years old) running on WindowsXP Professional version 5.1.

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall a bunch of stuff. At some point, we had solved this, but then my friend used my computer for a week and ... update messages in Chinese again.
scrappledog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2009, 03:01 PM   #5
mattwolfmatt
macrumors 6502a

I think you need to ask your friend what he did and undo it. He obviously goes into some language settings every time he uses your computer.

Sorry I can't be of more help. It's stories like yours that make me glad I use a Mac.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store