Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you feeling pain in your hand?

• Yeah, I feel some pain too

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Nope, not yet

Votes: 84 85.7%
  • I really don't care cause I love my iPhone

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I am starting to feel some pain in my right hand/wrist/thumb area. It's more painful when I am holding & using the iPhone to type or scroll. Anyone else here?

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
I do a lot of texting, and my thumbs do not hurt nor any finger does.

You would have a trouble time with a law suit in this case. ;)

It might also not be from your iPhone you know.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
What is up with the nope, not yet option?:rolleyes:

So have you guys learned to stop beating your wives yet?;)

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
There was a time I played a lot of Wolf3D and woke up one morning thinking I had RSI in my thumb/hand joint. Seemed to hurt in the right area (tendon) so I took a break.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
in landscap mode I find it far more comfortable so if there is a program that allows landscape I purchase it.

Again find it odd apple programmers cant do what people supporting jailbreak programs can

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
umm what kind of freaking skewed Poll is this

where is the NO answer

You must be using your iPhone wrong if your thumb hurts :confused:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You should have a no answer, not just a "not yet" I've had my iPhone since december and I've not felt any pain in my hand/thumb. I use it for a fair amount of texting/email/surfing and the occasional game.

I can tell you what did hurt, my old blackberry. Working that puppy started causing pain in my thumb. Its one of the older models where the thumb wheel was on the side of the unit, not in the center like many of the newer ones have.

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
I voted "no", but I'll qualify it by saying that when I used the iPhone without a case, I couldn't hold it for long conversations without getting hand cramps. Some cases help alleviate that by providing more physical area to hold onto, but in turn can have "sharp" edges that cause minor finger irritation. I find that my Incase Slider solves both problems.

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
def just a NO, they never will... if they hurt your hands then u might need to work out a little more.

No doubt. Some of us, however, have physical limitations and can't work out. Does that mean we shouldn't own iPhones?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
No doubt. Some of us, however, have physical limitations and can't work out. Does that mean we shouldn't own iPhones?

If it's painful for you to use, then maybe not. I'm not trying to be snarky here, bu if there's a physical barrier to using a device, a better suited one should be chosen.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Bad poll design.
Just a plain no. No need to force others to seem to have some looming pain on the horizon...

Que

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
UK
i got bored yesterday and jammed the corner of my iphone into my eye socket.

i hope the new iphone has large corks on all four corners to avoid discomfort and pain next time i suffer from boredom.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
If you constantly use your iPhone as a toy.. ie. play with it even when you don't need to send a text, email, make a call etc. then you probably have some form of repetitive strain injury :D

But when I first got my old iPhone I used to play with it for hours on end and never felt any pain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.