Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
So I have tickets to an event for a friend's birthday, and I kind of want to surprise them. I'm kind of lacking in the creativity department so I forward the task to you guys. How should I surprise them? How have you done it? How would you like it done to you? Ready? Go go go!

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
We bought my dad season tickets to the Angels and the Lakers for his birthday and put them in the vanity mirror on the sun visor of his car. Worked really well. :)

BTW We made sure we would all be in the car when he found them.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Hmm, thats a good idea. More please!! (I should say thatl I am living in a dorm without access to the person's room to hide the tickets.)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Have someone he/she doesn't now knock on their door and pretend they are serving them a subpoena. As an added bonus, you could put a law office return address on the envelope.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
First thing you should do is get a commitment from your target, to commit his time that day for you.

Use some/any excuse to make sure you don't bump into a conflict when the "surprise" happens.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
If it's a sports event, buy the most crap piece of merchandise for the team available and tuck the tickets inside it - e.g. those badly screenprinted bottle coolers

Or better yet get the cheapest merchandise from the team your friend hates and wrapped the tickets in them.

=p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.