Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Hi

I am thinking of becoming a member of the iPhone Developer Program, and was wondering if I was to purchase the standard membership, how long does acceptance usually take roughly?

Also when part of the program, will the firmware 3.0 beta be available for first generation iPod Touches? And will I be bale to use my music and all my apps on there without issues? (I only have on device, plan on using it for normal use and developing.)

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Acceptance times greatly vary. It can be anywhere from a day to weeks. I think it's typically quicker for people in the US, so hopefully someone from the UK that recently went through it can chime in for you. And the process doesn't stop there, there's still payment, processing, etc. Once you are paid, you can go to your development portal and download the 3.0 beta and the iTunes 8.2 beta for any device, including your 1G Touch. And beta 4 is stable enough that you can use it as an every day OS, however some current apps don't work on it (like the Dictionary.com app).

steve10172

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
London UK
It took 2 days for me.
I applied as an "Individual Develeoper".
Within hours I received my Activation code.
After I had completed the online forms etc., received the email from Apple, to download and print the "Tax Form".
This I had to sign and post to Apple in Tx, USA.
It took 24 hours after that to show my status as "Completed" both for the "Free" and "Paid" applications.

BananaDuffle

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009
I applied for mine at 23:00pm on Bank Holiday Monday and got my acceptance at 8:30am the following day.

No idea on the other issues.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Well I have bought it, time to find out what will happen, waiting for activation code now, so far its been about 3 hours. I would still be happy to hear your experiences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.