Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jinsou

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Hello,

I just finished a movie in iMovie 09 and it wont let me export anything on that project... if i make a similar project with a test movie, (short one) it will give me all the options to export, but in the project where i made all the arrangements, added music, text and everything it wont give me this option... is there a way to Copy Everything? cause i tryed doing this but it will only copy the clips from the project, not the text and everything i have added... Thanks

Jin

SimonJ

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Czech Republic
Hello,

I just finished a movie in iMovie 09 and it wont let me export anything on that project... if i make a similar project with a test movie, (short one) it will give me all the options to export, but in the project where i made all the arrangements, added music, text and everything it wont give me this option... is there a way to Copy Everything? cause i tryed doing this but it will only copy the clips from the project, not the text and everything i have added... Thanks

Jin

Hi,

What do you mean when you say it won't give you the options? When you go to the Share menu, it should look like the picture in the attachement.

Are you saying those options are greyed out?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,365

nachos4twoo

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
I just went through the same issue.

There are two options you can attempt.

1. highlight the project you have the work done in, and go to top menu i forget exact and chose duplicate project. Now all export options are ungrayed again.

Second you can go to hd>library>cach and delete entire folder
then hd>library>preferences...and delete all files that are imovie or idvd

restart computer and see if that helps

Mac Lover 09

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2009
Share menu greyed out

I have the same issue. I am making a wedding video for my friend and I got through the entire ceremony and reception and added those to idvd. Then also another segment. then I went to edit the bloopers and when i was finished I couldn't export to put it into idvd. So, I completely re-did the entire project and it happened again. I don't know where the "second" things are located to try it that way (in the above post), but I did try the first thing with copying, but the duplicate project is greyed out as well. What do I do?????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.