Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TattedDawg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2009
I have a ipod 80 GB that i got off of a friend that didn't use it anymore. He got a ipod nano and didn't want the bulk of the 80GB. I can not get it to sync the computer won't read it, just comes up saying new driver found then when i click on it, it says that it can't be found and i can't sync with itunes at all. Anyone know what to do can i take it into apple and have them try to fix it???

Benguitar

Jan 30, 2009
I have a ipod 80 GB that i got off of a friend that didn't use it anymore. He got a ipod nano and didn't want the bulk of the 80GB. I can not get it to sync the computer won't read it, just comes up saying new driver found then when i click on it, it says that it can't be found and i can't sync with itunes at all. Anyone know what to do can i take it into apple and have them try to fix it???

My guess is that the iPod was formatted on the opposite OS that you use. Do you use a Macintosh? Then the iPod was probably formatted (first synced) on a Windows machine, or vice versa. I believe the only way to get your iPod to sync is to restore it, erasing all data from the device and then plugging it into your computer.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/ipod5gen/#

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.