Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old May 11, 2009, 09:36 AM   #1
TattedDawg
macrumors newbie

Ipod 80 GB won't sync

I have a ipod 80 GB that i got off of a friend that didn't use it anymore. He got a ipod nano and didn't want the bulk of the 80GB. I can not get it to sync the computer won't read it, just comes up saying new driver found then when i click on it, it says that it can't be found and i can't sync with itunes at all. Anyone know what to do can i take it into apple and have them try to fix it???
TattedDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Benguitar
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedDawg View Post
I have a ipod 80 GB that i got off of a friend that didn't use it anymore. He got a ipod nano and didn't want the bulk of the 80GB. I can not get it to sync the computer won't read it, just comes up saying new driver found then when i click on it, it says that it can't be found and i can't sync with itunes at all. Anyone know what to do can i take it into apple and have them try to fix it???
My guess is that the iPod was formatted on the opposite OS that you use. Do you use a Macintosh? Then the iPod was probably formatted (first synced) on a Windows machine, or vice versa. I believe the only way to get your iPod to sync is to restore it, erasing all data from the device and then plugging it into your computer.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/ipod5gen/#

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod