Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nawmobile

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2009
Hi,

I have iPhone and would like to start developing apps; however, I never used MAC before nor am planning to get one. I'm used to PC (Windows). Is it possible or am I just out of luck. What should I do to go about developing iPhone apps using Windows?

Thanks
Tariq

BlackWolf

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2009
not really. you could use vmware or you could install mac os x on your pc, which is possible and even legal if you buy a copy of mac os x afaik, but it's really just luck if it works or nor.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
You are out of luck. It is not possible to run the SDK under Windows. If you really want to start developing iPhone apps, you will have to change your mind about running Mac OS. Only Macs do that in a supported and future-proof manner.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
not really. you could use vmware or you could install mac os x on your pc, which is possible and even legal if you buy a copy of mac os x afaik, but it's really just luck if it works or nor.

Emphasis mine since it is not legal - the SLA of Mac OSX states that it is only to be run on Apple hardware.

jtbullet

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
mac mini: mine is the cheapest i could find that was capable of the sdk!
core solo all the way baby!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.