Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gocardsfan1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hi, I am a recent Mac switcher and am using Pages as my word processing software. After being a long-time Microsoft Word user, I have grown accustomed to the default font of Times New Roman, and I would prefer to continue using that for Pages as well. I know that it is as simple as changing the font, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the default font in Pages to Times New Roman just to save the hassle. Thanks in advance for your help.

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
You need to create your own default template. Set up your document with the margins, headers, etc. as you'd like. Redefine all of the paragraph & character styles to have your desired font.

While you're at it, you might want to set default styles for all objects, text boxes, tables, paragraph styles, etc. Start with a blank document & insert an object. Change the color, wrap, etc. to your choosing & then go to Format > Advanced > Define Default Shape Style then delete the object. Repeat with an image/photo, a text box & a table. Now, save this as a template then, in Pages > Preferences, select this template as the default for new documents. All of your new documents will have these settings for inserted objects, images & tables. Unfortunately, the settings won't apply to any other templates or "foreign" documents you open with Pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.