Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
Just wondering if any "insiders" can let us know if Apple will change the keys on the keyboard to black to match the new look of the Apple products???

BG-Mac

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Like every other Apple product they'll be updated eventually. As to when and how... your guess is as good as mine.. :D

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
I've been wondering the same thing, and I do like to think they'll change it at some point. But then I wonder if they'd change the look of the Mighty Mouse to accompany it?

Warranty Voider

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Maine, US
An aluminum keyboard with black keys would go along well with a aluminum mighty mouse with a black scroll ball. An aluminum mouse would be awesome.

peepboon

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Mighty mouse is nice and sexy in design... but it does hurt your wrist over time... black would look pretty sexy though O.O!

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
why do you want black keys, you do know that they wear out much faster and you can see it more on black.

Because I'm anal and I want everything to match. :D

All kidding aside, I'm just curious since all of the other products are silver/black. :cool:

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
I hope not, but I do want backlit keys.

The MBP showed you can have backlit keys with a light colour.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
backlit keys on bluetooth keyboard? say good-bye to good battery life! :rolleyes:

Say goodbye to some battery life, but it doesn't need to be very bright (ambient light sensor only activates it when needed - i.e. when its dark, and in that case even small amounts of light will be very obvious). More efficient bluetooth modules could probably make up for it entirely.

An internal battery would be even better. Even at the iPod touch's thickness, Apple can fit in a battery with 36 hours of audio time. In a keyboard, I'd estimate a 4x power saving (pessimistic), or 144 hours (6 continuous days) on a single charge. And that's before you consider auto-off features.

Trimmer2

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
I would REALLY like a multi touch track pad ala new macbook pro as an attachment or blue tooth INSTEAD of a mighty mouse!

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008
aluminum keyboard with black, backlit keys. And an aluminum mighty mouse with a multi touch track pad instead of scroll wheel. Now how does that sound?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.