Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Ok, I have a Mac Lap with 60 iMacs, and they are all authenticating to our OD Master. I have created groups of computers to manage certain aspects of the lab, of specific iMacs. I want to create a login script that will display a message informing the user of a few rules, and make them close the window, so we can at least know they have seen the message.

My ideal message would be layed out something like this;

Hello (Username)
Please be aware that gum chewing is not allowed in class.

We would add more to that message as we see fit.

If there is an easier way to do this, I would love to know!

Of course we can add it to the Window at the login screen, but we want to have it shown on the screen, and have them close it.

Is this possible?

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
Ok, I have a Mac Lap with 60 iMacs, and they are all authenticating to our OD Master. I have created groups of computers to manage certain aspects of the lab, of specific iMacs. I want to create a login script that will display a message informing the user of a few rules, and make them close the window, so we can at least know they have seen the message.

My ideal message would be layed out something like this;

Hello (Username)
Please be aware that gum chewing is not allowed in class.

We would add more to that message as we see fit.

If there is an easier way to do this, I would love to know!

Of course we can add it to the Window at the login screen, but we want to have it shown on the screen, and have them close it.

Is this possible?

Probably the simplest thing to do would be to create an Apple Script app(not too hard to do what you want), save it as an Application, distribute the app(via your image, or a package via remote desktop).

Then in Workgroup Manager, put the computers into a list and click the "Preferences" tab in WGM for that group. Click the Login button, then the items tab and drag the .app into the list, remembering to click "Always"

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Is there any good tutorials to show how to do so? I'm really new at AppleScript, so I really have no idea on how to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.