Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old May 15, 2009, 06:14 PM   #1
daonesteven
macrumors 6502

Can I back up more than one iPhone on my MacBook?

So my GF is coming to visit me at school today and I don't want to have her bring her laptop, but we're gonna be going to the Apple Store this weekend to get her defective iPhone replaced, but I'm not sure if I can just back her white iPhone onto my MacBook. I'm not sure how it works with music especially since I have my own songs on iTunes and she obviously has her own music that she wants to back up and reload onto her new one.

Last edited by daonesteven; May 15, 2009 at 06:20 PM.
daonesteven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 06:19 PM   #2
AiralynRose
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to AiralynRose
When you plug it in to a different computer it will tell you it needs erased and synced. You can't backup the same iPhone on two computers. But you can backup 2 iPhones on one computer.
Old May 15, 2009, 06:21 PM   #3
JCastro
macrumors 6502a

You can sync it but it will erase anything one hers and add anything on your computer to her iPod. It will ask if you want to do this when you plug it in. If you click no then it will charge it but won't actually sync it. My advise is for her to wait until she gets home so she can sync it with her own stuff.
Old May 15, 2009, 06:23 PM   #4
daonesteven
macrumors 6502

oh ok, i guess i can just have her bring her laptop. Thanks.
daonesteven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 07:29 PM   #5
The Californian
macrumors Demi-God

Yah it does kinda suck that you can't do that, but at the same time it's a million times more convienient than any syncing options on any previous phone I've had.
Old May 16, 2009, 01:05 AM   #6
vitasenza
macrumors member

It is sort of possible. you can extract all the music on her phone with free programs, and save it into a playlist for her.
I've helped a friend put music onto his iPhone this way. The only problem that comes (for me anyway) is that his phone now has my iTunes account attatched to it. I suppose I could have worked around that if I had his account name and password signed in, but oh well.

But, yeah a laptop wont be that big of a pain to bring along, and it'll make tihngs much easier.
vitasenza is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone