Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philmo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
I have a first generation iPod Touch and the headset jack has recently gone screwy. The right channel always works, but I have to fiddle with the headphone connection a lot to get the left channel to work, and then it will go out again as soon as the headphones move.

I got this iPod the day they went on sale, so it's out of warranty by now. Does anyone have experience getting problems like this fixed? Is my best bet to take it to a Genius Bar? Or a site like iResq? What kind of bill can I expect? Is there anything I can do about it myself?

Thanks for any advice

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
first thing's first... are you sure it's the jack and not the headphones? even if it is the jack, no biggie. send it in to a company like ipodjuice.com. they'll fix it right up for you.

philmo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
I should have mentioned that in my original post. Yes, I've tried a few other sets of headphones.

Does anyone have experience with iPodJuice? Their price is better than I expected.

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
I got a battery from them. as advertised, it is better than the battery that came with the ipod. i'd recommend them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.