Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old May 17, 2009, 09:19 PM   #1
CyrusOz
macrumors regular

Pages watermark query

I have designed a corporate letter head for a friend and it is still in jpeg format after using photoshop. Now I want to import it into a pages document so that I can give it to him in PC format so he can type over the watermark and put his letters onto his letterhead... now I can do that quite easily on my PC but not so on my Mac... I can add the watermark image into the Pages document but for some reason I can't work out how to modify the text from then... i can see how you move the text formatting but if i wanted to add a word into a paragraph etc i can't select the text. It's as if the watermark layer is the only layer I can select and the text is not longer selectable.... can anybody help me out with this please? I just need to be able to select the text layer and modify the text....please help me.

Thanks very much
Steamed
CyrusOz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 01:25 AM   #2
jonbravo77
macrumors 6502a

I don't use pages but from what I just played with looks like you insert your image. Go to View>Show Format Bar (with the image selected) and make the image floating (small box on bar you just showed, next to "inline"). Do whatever you want to the image i.e.: transparency whatever and then select the image go to Arrange>Send object to background and now you can type over the image all day long and twice on Sunday. If you need to do anything to the image go back to Arrange>Make Background Objects Selectable... hope that helps...
jonbravo77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 10:33 PM   #3
CyrusOz
macrumors regular

thanks very much for taking the timte to work your way through my problem, it was one of those problems that I just couldn't seem to get my head around. I'll try again based on what you've suggested and it sounds like it will do what i need perfectly... even better it means that I don't have to keep jumping back onto my old pc to do this.

Thanks again for your help johnbravo77 - nice work mate
CyrusOz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help