Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 3, 2004, 11:17 AM   #1
sonofslim
macrumors 6502a

USB printing: communication errors

i just bought an Epson Stylus C84. i have a cube, so there are only 2 USB ports available to me. one is occupied by the keyboard, leaving one dedicated port for either the speakers or the printer.

the problem is, the speakers won't run off the keyboard (not a powered USB port) and the printer won't print from the keyboard. (i get a communication error message.)

so: does anyone know some way to get my printer to accept data from the keyboard port? and if not, can anyone comfirm that either the C84 or the speakers (remember, these are the cube speakers and not the usual apple pro speakers) will work from a powered USB hub?

thanks in advance.
sonofslim is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers