Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old May 19, 2009, 01:59 PM   #1
snailspace
macrumors newbie

How to burn imovie onto dvd that can be played in dvd player? (newbie)

Hello,
First please accept my apologies - I have searched through the threads but am still confused. I am an artist and have created a movie in imovieHD and want to burn it on to a disc to play directly from a dvd player. I keep on going to iDVD but am totally confused by all those themes and titles - I don't want any of that. I just want to be able to put the disc in and it play the film I have. Please help as I have a deadline

Thanks.
snailspace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Consultant
macrumors G5

google: burn imovie
Consultant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 03:27 PM   #3
snailspace
macrumors newbie

Thanks (i think??!!)

I get that you have to send to iDVD (I don't have toast) but the problem is the themes in iDVD.

I have found this info thru google does anyone rate it? And may be useful to other newbies!

"Take a look at this information I put together. It should give you some ideas.

http://homepage.mac.com/prof_pixel/Autostart_DVD/autostart.htm"

"Are you frustrated because there is no completely blank theme in iDVD? Full Frame (from iDVD5) doesn't cut it, since you can't remove the annoying background shape in the title text. Or can you?

Yes, you can! Just remove (or rename) the file named...

D3E3A877-38F7-11D9-90CD-000A958D65FE.tif

You'll find this file buried in /Library -> Application Support -> iDVD -> Themes -> iDVD 5 -> 0016_Full_Frame.theme -> [Control-click and choose Show Package Contents] -> Contents -> Resources -> FullFrameTitle.pox -> Contents -> Material. Easy!

Now iDVD won't show the shape any more, nor will it complain about the missing file. The end result is a completely empty theme to customize as you see fit."
Old May 19, 2009, 04:53 PM   #4
huntercr
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by snailspace View Post
Thanks (i think??!!)

I get that you have to send to iDVD (I don't have toast) but the problem is the themes in iDVD.

I have found this info thru google does anyone rate it? And may be useful to other newbies!

"Take a look at this information I put together. It should give you some ideas.

http://homepage.mac.com/prof_pixel/Autostart_DVD/autostart.htm"

"Are you frustrated because there is no completely blank theme in iDVD? Full Frame (from iDVD5) doesn't cut it, since you can't remove the annoying background shape in the title text. Or can you?

Yes, you can! Just remove (or rename) the file named...

D3E3A877-38F7-11D9-90CD-000A958D65FE.tif

You'll find this file buried in /Library -> Application Support -> iDVD -> Themes -> iDVD 5 -> 0016_Full_Frame.theme -> [Control-click and choose Show Package Contents] -> Contents -> Resources -> FullFrameTitle.pox -> Contents -> Material. Easy!

Now iDVD won't show the shape any more, nor will it complain about the missing file. The end result is a completely empty theme to customize as you see fit."

So you don't want to have any theme for your DVD?

Don't use the advice you googled.. that's for iDVD 5. I assume you have 6 since you have iMovieHD. You should just use the "one step DVD" option in iDVD.

Documentation. Read it please.
huntercr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 06:17 AM   #5
snailspace
macrumors newbie

Thanks. Yes I am using version 6
When I go to onestep dvd it says
"To use OneStep DVD, connect your digital video camera to your computer using a FireWire cable. Then turn on your camera and make sure it's in VCR mode.

Click OK and insert a blank disc. OneStep DVD rewinds the tape, imports your video, and burns it to a DVD."

But I've already edited the work in imovie so can't see how this helps - unless you mean have to put the edited work back on tape?

Also I am unsure as to waht you mean by
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercr View Post

Documentation. Read it please.
Old May 20, 2009, 10:21 AM   #6
TheNightPhoenix
macrumors 6502

Wow, The Macrumors community are being *******s today,

What you need to do is click the little "upside down tree" symbol at the bottom of the interface.

Then drag your movie onto the first box of the left hand side.
This box is labeled "drag content here to automatically play when disc is inserted."

This will do exactly what is says, It'll play the movie when the disc is inserted into a dvd player, However it will force you to go to a menu after it has played, that's the best iDVD will do.
TheNightPhoenix is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video