Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old May 20, 2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Mrbill317
macrumors regular

Help with Windows 7 on Macbook Pro - late 2007

I have a Macbook Pro 15" , C2D 2.33ghz. I have the 7100 version of Windows 7 and everything worked perfectly except for the sound.
No matter which bootcamp driver I try or even Realtek's own vista one nothing works.
I downloaded the bootcamp 2.1 drivers and everything installed correctly , including the realtek ones. All the hardware looks fine in device manager but I dont hear anything out.

Should the default be speakers? It seems that it keeps the driver as microsofts own and it doesnt say anything about realtek. Could that be the problem?

I did not try the microphone jack yet but will in a few minutes.

Even if there is a hack , Im willing to try it. What is the exact audio chipset on this model of macbook pro?
Mrbill317 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 08:21 AM   #2
thejadedmonkey
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thejadedmonkey
In an incredibly unhelpful manner, I'll post information that doesn't do squat.

I have the 2.16 model, and Windows 7 (7100) works just fine. I installed Windows, installed bootcamp off of my Leopard DVD, updated bootcamp to 2.1, and it was good... I'm pretty sure that sound appeared after installing the bootcamp 1.0 drivers.

You could also try uninstalling the drivers and running windows update.

EDIT: I apologize, that ^^^ may have been helpful
experience comes from bad judgment."
- Mulla Nasrudin
thejadedmonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 09:01 AM   #3
Mrbill317
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
In an incredibly unhelpful manner, I'll post information that doesn't do squat.

I have the 2.16 model, and Windows 7 (7100) works just fine. I installed Windows, installed bootcamp off of my Leopard DVD, updated bootcamp to 2.1, and it was good... I'm pretty sure that sound appeared after installing the bootcamp 1.0 drivers.

You could also try uninstalling the drivers and running windows update.

EDIT: I apologize, that ^^^ may have been helpful
Hurray that worked , I never installed 1.0 but used 2.1 off the bat.
I uninstalled bootcamp services and apple update , ran the installere for 1.0 off my disk. Pretty much said run program when it says its incompatible.
Got sound upon reboot. Now Im updating my 2.1 drivers for the other stuff.

Im guessing 2.1 doesnt have the older macbook pro sound card, or at least the right one
Mrbill317 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac