Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 20, 2009, 11:57 AM   #1
jon08
macrumors 65816

Word for Mac - full screen etc. HELP

1. Whenever I open it, it will open to almost the full screen height - I'd still need to click the green (+) button, to stretch the Word window down entirely. Still then, if I wanted it in full screen, I'd have to drag it manually over the entire screen. So my question is, how to make it ALWAYS open in full size (that is, over the entire screen)?

2. Whenever I open Word, my keyboard will switch to US English. I've tried setting Default Language in Word to some other language, but when I start Word the US English keyboard will apparently still pop out regardless. How to make the program not change my keyboard on each launch?

Last edited by jon08; May 20, 2009 at 03:00 PM.
jon08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 12:19 PM   #2
illegallydead
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon08 View Post
1. Whenever I open it, it will open to almost the full screen height - I'd still need to click the green (+) button, to stretch the Word window down entirely. Still then, if I wanted it in full screen, I'd have to drag it manually over the entire screen. So my question is, how to make it ALWAYS open in full size (that is, over the entire screen)?

2. Whenever I open Word, my keyboard will switch to US English. I've tried setting Default Language in Word to some other language, but when I start Word the US English keyboard will apparently still pop out regardless. How to make the program not change my keyboard on each launch?
1: Not much you can do about that. That's just Apple's windowing environment for you. Things don't necessarily always make sense / work perfectly right.

2: I have little experience with other language settings. However, it could have something to do with the version of Word you got? Again, I may not be a whole lot of help here, but it sounds like there is either poor programming on M$'s part, or you got the wrong version of Office for your language/nationality, perhaps...
Old May 20, 2009, 12:27 PM   #3
marold280
macrumors 6502

This is an excellent piece of software for 1. no idea about 2 though sorry
Old May 20, 2009, 01:08 PM   #4
jon08
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegallydead View Post
1: Not much you can do about that. That's just Apple's windowing environment for you. Things don't necessarily always make sense / work perfectly right.

2: I have little experience with other language settings. However, it could have something to do with the version of Word you got? Again, I may not be a whole lot of help here, but it sounds like there is either poor programming on M$'s part, or you got the wrong version of Office for your language/nationality, perhaps...
I have the English version of Office, but also have the English version of iWork, yet in the latter it will never switch keyboards automatically upon launching Pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marold280 View Post
This is an excellent piece of software for 1.
True, I've seen this before and will give it a try. I just hoped there would be a "natural" setting that would open the program in full screen automatically. C'mon Apple, do something about it!!
Old May 20, 2009, 02:27 PM   #5
jon08
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by marold280 View Post
This is an excellent piece of software for 1. no idea about 2 though sorry
I just tried RightZoom and while it does open Word in full screen now, it still doesn't fit it completely to the screen (leaving small fissures on top and at the bottom), meaning I'd still have to press the green (+) to make it fit the screen, which irritates me. Why doesn't it work right away??

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store