Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jpin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2009
I have an I mac running 10.4.
I had to reboot it form Dis warrior, DW did it thing told what ever was wrong and it fixed, now when is all done scanning and "fixing" my computer the reset button on the DW is grayed out, only the cancel button is on.
I have reboot it about 4 times to no avail same thing happens.
Please help.

merlot5401

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
I get the same thing. I was hoping to back up the items I didn't get to this month. (Hard drive decide to cause problems before I could do my monthly back up.) I get the "preview" section and shows my stuff there on the computer, but how do I copy the stuff to my external. There's nothing in the pdf manual that comes with the program. HELP PLEASE!

surflordca

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I get the same thing. I was hoping to back up the items I didn't get to this month. (Hard drive decide to cause problems before I could do my monthly back up.) I get the "preview" section and shows my stuff there on the computer, but how do I copy the stuff to my external. There's nothing in the pdf manual that comes with the program. HELP PLEASE!

Disk Warrior does not copy your file for you if I am not mistaken. It fixes problems with your HD and file structure. I use SuperDuper for daily back ups. You can also use Carbon Copy which is free to back up files.

merlot5401

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
Disk Warrior does not copy your file for you if I am not mistaken. It fixes problems with your HD and file structure. I use SuperDuper for daily back ups. You can also use Carbon Copy which is free to back up files.

Thanks for letting me know. He made it sound like I would be able to save what I could from this past month. Looks like I'm screwed and will just have to put the new hard drive in. I only have newsletters to do for like a week or two every month then i back everything up as soon as they go to print. Unfortunately, my computer decided it didn't want me to back up this month. I've had it for 3 years in March so my Applecare just ran out. Pretty much worked the poor thing to death with my freelance workload. Never downloaded anything from the internet. I was quite particular about what was done with it. My now-ex-husband constantly had problems with his PC and kept wanting to download on my mac - which i kept logging out (and changing my passwords) so he couldn't get on to it. Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.