Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 4, 2004, 02:10 AM   #1
michi
macrumors newbie

How to trash preferences in FCP?Is it amazingly useful?

It has been suggested that trashing the preferences solves numerous problems in final cut pro. I'm not exactly sure how to do that - well, I think it may be trashing the final cut preferences under home>library>preferences... but I don't know if that means once you restart FCP, it automatically opens a fresh preference file? And has anyone found this to be a useful manouever?
michi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 04:53 AM   #2
bidge
macrumors 6502

If you delete the preference files then on start when FCP looks for the preferences and can't find them it creates new default preferences, this can sometimes be useful if you are having really weird problems that nothing else seems to fix, or you want to reset your preferences.

If your happy to put your settings back the way you want to there's no harm in doing what you want to do.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Picture 2.pdf (6.6 KB, 281 views)
bidge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 05:05 AM   #3
michi
macrumors newbie

thanks bidge - that clarified it. kinda scary trashing such things..
michi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store