Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
hey all,

Just a small note to say that Apple Australia has started to ship the customised Powerbooks to Australian orderers. :D :D

ASWITCHER - yours should be on the way.... :D :D

aussie_geek

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
aussie_geek said:
hey all,

Just a small note to say that Apple Australia has started to ship the customised Powerbooks to Australian orderers. :D :D

ASWITCHER - yours should be on the way.... :D :D

aussie_geek

Ok, great. You got any further details about due dates?

Reuven

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2004
Sydney OZ
I have been told that my PB will arrive either this Friday or the following Friday.

Better be this Friday coming! I just dont understand why it takes so long if I ordered mine on the 20th & you guys order later then me but get to receive it any day now :rolleyes: :confused: .

Anyway let me know when you receive your PB guys!

Cheers,

Reuven

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
Reuven said:
I have been told that my PB will arrive either this Friday or the following Friday.

Better be this Friday coming! I just dont understand why it takes so long if I ordered mine on the 20th & you guys order later then me but get to receive it any day now :rolleyes: :confused: .

Anyway let me know when you receive your PB guys!

Cheers,

Reuven

Reuven,

Ring DJ's tomorrow. I bet it'll be there. It seems like apple must have shipped all of the last few weeks orders this weekend in one batch. Also remember that you ordered yours thru a store so they may not have been too quick about ordering the Powerbook in the first place :( . I will definately let you know when mine arrives. I'll do a review of the beast tomorrow.

:eek: :eek:

aussie_geek

ps - tonight maybe a sleepless one.... :p

Reuven

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2004
Sydney OZ
aussie_geek said:
Reuven,

ps - tonight maybe a sleepless one.... :p

I think im in the same boat as you! Now you got me going! :D :D no sleep for me tonight (will be on the net in search for more add ons to my new PB LOL :D )

Will speak to the apple sale rep tommorow at DJS once again :D

Looking forward to your review.

Cheers,

Reuven

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
aussie_geek, isn't it good to finally see Apple Australia shipping the goods? :D

also, good to see another Aussie geek here on the MR boards. :p

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
aussie_geek said:
Star track express says it is to be delivered tomorrow.

Have you got your 'item shipped' email notification yet?

aussie_geek

I am buying through Macmall and they didn't order it until last Tuesday (I put done $1500 down payment on the Saturday of Anzac long weekend) so its only been in the system a week... :(

They also said they would probably only get a days headsup, but the impression I got was that they wouldn't let me know until it actually arrived in the store and got processed... :eek:

So I am in the dark.

Good news is that my most excellent BLACK screensavRz (http://www.radtech.us) arrived yesterday, and my Jaz J1321 portable speakers (cheap but superior to the internals peakers and very portable - http://www.eyo.com.au) arrived today.

oingoboingo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
Sydney, Australia
jKmxxx said:
I hear that some deliveres are around 2pm in Melbourne. I hope I get my PB this week.

I got an e-mail from AppleCentre Chatswood today and they said they would start delivering 12" combo drive systems (the ones I was enquiring about) this afternoon. So it looks like the new PowerBooks have hit Sydney as of today, at least.

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
i got mine saturday morning, ordered that monday.
i only had some extra memory put in it though.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
oingoboingo said:
I got an e-mail from AppleCentre Chatswood today and they said they would start delivering 12" combo drive systems (the ones I was enquiring about) this afternoon. So it looks like the new PowerBooks have hit Sydney as of today, at least.

Whoa sounds like my store. So thats the non-bto's...ok that sounds right. Mmmm. tick tick tick

markh

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2004
Canberra, Australia
aswitcher said:
When did you order? (and pay?)

Was it through Apple Australia (Phone/Net)?

WHat customs bits?

Ordered on the 20th April and payed for then.. was done online via the apple store. Got the 80Gig 5400rpm drive in the PB. Shipped from apple in sydney on friday 30th april and got to me, monday 3rd may

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
jKmxxx said:
How much did you put in abc123? also where about is your location?
just an extra 256, i can't afford any more than that right now.

and brisbane

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
Powerbook Arrived..

hey all,

The powerbook arrived today at 3:57 pm! :D :D :D Absolutely amazing!! There are no design flaws - no dead pixels, no warped lid, latch works fine, no uneven illumination etc etc. It seems that Apple has ironed out all the bugs. I am so happy I prolonged the purchase for this model.

I performed an xbench test and it scored 133 with 512Mb ram out of the box.

Well done apple - you've made my day (again) considering it is 1 week from order to delivery.

hope you all get yours soon, ;)

aussie_geek

Reuven

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2004
Sydney OZ
aussie_geek said:
hey all,

The powerbook arrived today at 3:57 pm! :D :D :D Absolutely amazing!! There are no design flaws - no dead pixels, no warped lid, latch works fine, no uneven illumination etc etc. It seems that Apple has ironed out all the bugs. I am so happy I prolonged the purchase for this model.

I performed an xbench test and it scored 110 with 512Mb ram out of the box.

Well done apple - you've made my day (again) considering it is 1 week from order to delivery.

hope you all get yours soon, ;)

aussie_geek

Do you have a 128 VRAM card or 64 ?

How quick is she in boot up ?

Good luck enjoy

Cheers,

Reuven

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.