Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firefoxnx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Boston
I installed Windows 7 RC along with Boot Camp drivers for Vista 32 bit.

But my graphics card ATI X1600 is not recognized by Windows 7 RC.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

LCPGUY

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2008
So. California
I had exactly the same problem with my ATI 1600 not being recognized on my iMac Late 2006.

I went to ati.com and downloaded the 1600 (generic Microsoft) driver. I then deleted the standard vga driver. Restarted Windows 7 and used the new driver even though it said I shouldn't. Worked fine and my graphics score went from 1.0 to 4.2 and I could now get the proper screen resolution. Aero and games now work great.

Another Windows restart told me the ATI driver needed to be updated. I did so and it then it installed the proper Radeon 1600 mobility driver. No restart was required after this update.

All is now well, video, sound, iSight, etc.

Hope this helps you.

John

rizzo41999

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2009
MA
I've been having the same problem. I tried downloading the X1600 driver, though nothing happens. It doesn't show up as a device. Only the CRT Driver does. I really like 7 and I hope to get this working! Any idea why the driver won't show up after installing?

A Step by step process would be wonderful

LCPGUY

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2008
So. California
I've been having the same problem. I tried downloading the X1600 driver, though nothing happens. It doesn't show up as a device. Only the CRT Driver does. I really like 7 and I hope to get this working! Any idea why the driver won't show up after installing?

A Step by step process would be wonderful

Make sure you download the "EXCEC" file which includes the Driver. Then run the ATI setup exec you just downloaded. Then in Device Manager, delete the old display adapter. Lastly, restart Windows. Then go back to Device Manager and install the new driver if it isn't already there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.