Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Has anyone heard anything about the Futurama episodes (not the movies) being released on Blu-Ray? Or have their been any HD broadcasts of the episodes anywhere (indicating that HD copies exist)?

That would be epic.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
With cartoons i have never really noticed a difference between SD and HD. I mean its not like your going to be able to see the minuet hairs on Frys face as they just didn't draw them.

EmperorDarius

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
With cartoons i have never really noticed a difference between SD and HD. I mean its not like your going to be able to see the minuet hairs on Frys face as they just didn't draw them.

Basically it just looks better when played at full screen (the pixels are less visible), also special effects like Explosions and such should look better.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO

I can tell a difference with HD cartoons. It's a clearer picture. There's not much more detail than SD, but it's a sharper picture and not blurry like it is when you watch SD content on an HDTV.

South Park is HD these days (although, that's what my little brother tells me)

It is. Season 12 was released on Blu Ray, and season 13 is broadcasting in HD on Comedy Central's HD channel. I have both Season 12 on Blu Ray and Comedy Central HD and it looks pretty good.

EmperorDarius

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
DVD (similar):

southparkseasontendvdla.jpg

Blu Ray:

21827497.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.