Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyCatTom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Washington, DC
I wanted to buy a gift certificate from the iTunes Music Store.

I admit it, I wasn't paying enough attention where I clicked. So I ended up buying a printable gift certificate instead of the email one I intended.

I figured I would just use the printed one myself, and go back and buy an email one for my friend. But the Music Store won't let me do it, saying the second card purchase will exceed how much I'm allowed to buy in gift cards.

I have looked on apple.com and these forums and I can't find anything about a restriction on gift certificate purchases. Does anyone know anything about that?

I have emailed customer service and asked if I can have the first one voided so I can buy the second one. All of my experiences with Customer Support for iTunes have been terrible to date so I am not very optimistic that they will help me this time either.

I appreciate any information anyone out there might have. Thanks.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
On a lark I took a look at the iTunes Store support page. Right now it looks like they have chat agents available to address billing issues and the like. Go here and get the problem fixed. Near the bottom of the window is the Still need help? prompt, which is available every day 8 am - 8 pm CST.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.