Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Sep 24, 2014, 08:03 PM   #1
AreYouAMac
macrumors regular

Iconagram. A website created just for iOS and OSX app icons

Hi friends,

Would like to first and foremost, thank you for opening up this thread to read this post.

I created a site just for App Icons. As you all know, (currently) there are over 2.5 million apps (both iOS and OSX App Stores) and frankly - most of them suck.

Iconagram is a place to see and appreciate great looking app icons that a lot of designers spend sleepless nights designing. Only concentrating on app icons and not screenshots, summaries, etc.

I used to be a designer and now am a developer - so I can relate to the energy and effort it takes to not stop designing and coding. It's really easy to get started, but the challenge is finishing your creation.

The site is still in beta, with many more features going to be added - such as user own submission, curating among designers and appreciators, and even iPhone and iPad mock ups.

There is also a newsletter subscription link at the bottom of the home page if you would like to get weekly updates on app icons and icons Apple featured on the App Store.

If you would like any more information on this site, let me know and I would be happy to answer them for you when I have a chance.

If you would like to connect on LinkedIn or what not, PM me.

Critique is always welcomed - it's the only way to make UX and UI better.

Thanks!
Mac.
AreYouAMac is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Tags
apps, designer, developer, web app, website