Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:58 PM   #26
TheFuzz
macrumors regular

Hello! Here's a new video from my recent trip home. All shot with the new Flip UltraHD.

Old Jun 3, 2009, 01:12 PM   #27
P-Worm
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuzz View Post
Hello! Here's a new video from my recent trip home. All shot with the new Flip UltraHD.

Hey, that looks really great! Did you make the filter from scratch, or do you have a color randomizer that makes that look automatically?

Anyway, some of my friends just finished a short film. They don't frequent the boards, but I thought I would post it here anyway. Be sure to press the 'HD' button!

The Moose

And here's a short film I made in high school:

Attack of the Flesh-eating Subterranean Bog Monster from the Center of the Earth and Beyond the Moon: Apocalyptic Revenge!

Here's a short comedy commercial I made for an event:

The Fat Cutter

And finally, here's my intro logo I'm going to start putting in front of my movies:

Double Loop Film Logo

P-Worm
P-Worm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2009, 01:19 PM   #28
TheFuzz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Worm View Post
Hey, that looks really great! Did you make the filter from scratch, or do you have a color randomizer that makes that look automatically?

P-Worm
Thanks! I did it from scratch in After Effects using adjustment layers and expressions to drive the different values on those layers. Then using other layers as track mattes to determine what's allowed to pass through from the adjustment layers.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 01:42 PM   #29
salino2110toni
macrumors newbie

my one

hi i made this video just for fun. Watch and enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4sWSXzlGOU
salino2110toni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 03:55 AM   #30
acearchie
macrumors 68040

First Post updated with everyones films! Also added my after effects playlist showcasing some effects: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...1971253F7F73DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuzz View Post

Wow this is really good! The colour effect gives it a really nice dated feel and the music fits perfectly!

Last edited by acearchie; Jun 4, 2009 at 04:07 AM.
acearchie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:10 AM   #31
TH3D4RKKN1GH7
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by acearchie View Post
Wow Magic Bullet Looks really does make a difference! I might think about getting it!

Does it come with many handy presets?
Oh a whole BUNCH! Maybe 150+ this is a modified version of their "Blockbuster" presets.
TH3D4RKKN1GH7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:14 AM   #32
IvanF
macrumors newbie

Hi to all.
this is my shortmovie:

thanks to all.
IvanF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:01 AM   #33
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanF View Post
Hi to all.
this is my shortmovie:

thanks to all.
Do you use a contra zoom early on in the film in the guys apartment?

Is that a feature of the camera?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:05 PM   #34
TheFuzz
macrumors regular

Ivan, I really loved the lighting! Good stuff!

Quote:
Wow this is really good! The colour effect gives it a really nice dated feel and the music fits perfectly!
Thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out. I feel it pretty accurately captured that weekend. I appreciate the positive comments!

I just uploaded a new one today from a Memorial Day BBQ.

Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:11 PM   #35
Macmaniac
macrumors 68040

Location: A tiny spec in the "Garden State", 1 square mile in area, somewhere on the outskirts of town by the railroad tracks
I got a fun Short Doc (28 minutes) I will have to post sometime soon. I have to compress it first, and get copyright clearance first, but it should be something you will all enjoy.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:49 AM   #36
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macmaniac View Post
I got a fun Short Doc (28 minutes) I will have to post sometime soon. I have to compress it first, and get copyright clearance first, but it should be something you will all enjoy.
Yeh! Can't wait to add it to the list!
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:20 AM   #37
norliss
macrumors newbie

After a long slumber, I've recently got back into the world of film making and here's my first effort in the non-linear editing era!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qEnjHoNyX8

It's technically a bit rough for a number of reasons I won't bore you with, but hopefully you'll enjoy the execution.

BTW it was edited on an old iMac G5 1.8 with iMovie 5HD.
norliss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2009, 01:45 PM   #38
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by norliss View Post
After a long slumber, I've recently got back into the world of film making and here's my first effort in the non-linear editing era!

http://www.youtube.com.6a.nl/watch?v=2qEnjHoNyX8

It's technically a bit rough for a number of reasons I won't bore you with, but hopefully you'll enjoy the execution.

BTW it was edited on an old iMac G5 1.8 with iMovie 5HD.
Nice film Norliss! You should think about trying FCE on that machine. It will probably run and you will be able to do a lot more with it!
Old Jun 7, 2009, 05:16 PM   #39
FSMBP
macrumors 68020

Here's a video I helped out on. The videos are kinda stupid/funny but that was the point. (Production quality isn't the best but it was the best we could do it).

If you have 4 minutes to kill check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnaw...e=channel_page
Old Jun 8, 2009, 04:16 PM   #40
Gooner4Life
macrumors newbie

Just a gaming vid I put together with iMovie 08', but I'm now working on another similar project with AAE CS4 and FCE so things should turn out better than this :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYwmdojVCRo
Gooner4Life is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:43 AM   #41
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Just a gaming vid I put together with iMovie 08', but I'm now working on another similar project with AAE CS4 and FCE so things should turn out better than this :P

http://www.youtube.com.6a.nl/watch?v=mYwmdojVCRo
Quote:
Here's a video I helped out on. The videos are kinda stupid/funny but that was the point. (Production quality isn't the best but it was the best we could do it).

If you have 4 minutes to kill check it out:
http://www.youtube.com.6a.nl/watch?v...e=channel_page
I'm stuck at school at the moment where youtube is blocked bit Ill watch them and add them to the list when I get home this weekend!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 05:24 PM   #42
ramlax13
macrumors member

Here's a link to a short documentary I worked on, "Price of Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9HeBvrworw

That's the trailer, and on our movie channel page there's also some coverage about the film by NBC10

The whole short isn't completely public yet, we're doing another screening in Philly on June 19th, message me if you want more info. It will also be showing in LA the second week of august for our Academy Awards theater run, more details to come. Let me know what you think, feel free to message me if you like what you see.

Thanks
ipod touch 2nd gen iPod Nano 2nd Gen Red
ramlax13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 01:03 PM   #43
mooseface
macrumors member

Here's a video I did for a Uni module, I study Film Production and this was made for my Video Editing module. Let me know what you think!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vNBU...e=channel_page
mooseface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 02:08 PM   #44
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Cool Cool more to update tomorrow! I'll have a feast of shorts to watch!
Old Jun 13, 2009, 05:48 PM   #45
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Ok so I have watched all four and there are all good!

@Gooners4Life: Not my style of video but you might want to have the gun shots and kills etc. in time to the music for extra emphasis!

@FSMBP: Not the cleanest edit ever but really funny stuff! Can't wait for the film! Might have to nick the My Dick song as I would work a treat in this 24 parody I am doing when Jack Bauer enters! For the titles of the people did you just freeze frame and add a mask in like after effects then reduce the opacity on a composite layer? Really good script and good fun humor!

@RamLax13: Looks like it could be a good documentary, pity you can't put the whole thing up! Good mixture of static interviews and moving in the trailer! Looks good!

@MooseFace: Some of these shots are really good! Love the adjustment to the depth of field. First song is good too! The story line isn't that strong but I realise that you were just focusing on the editing! What camera did you use and there are some realllllly nice crisp shots!

And thats the list updated again! I can't recommend watching all of them enough!

I have also digged this thread as it has recieved over 1,000 views on Macrumors alone and it should be a good way for us novice film makers to get some promotion!
http://digg.com/comedy/Collection_of...s_from_Youtube

Last edited by acearchie; Jun 13, 2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 07:20 PM   #46
mooseface
macrumors member

Quote:
@MooseFace: Some of these shots are really good! Love the adjustment to the depth of field. First song is good too! The story line isn't that strong but I realise that you were just focusing on the editing! What camera did you use and there are some realllllly nice crisp shots!
Thank you very much!! It was all shot on a Canon XL2, really like the camera for the quality you can get out of it. I shot about 80%, edited the first montage part and chose the song, I must be doing something right! I really like some of the shots. My favourite is the slow tilt with pull focus off the cards to the face. Only took a few tries so I think I got lucky!!
Old Jun 14, 2009, 03:35 AM   #47
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Thank you very much!! It was all shot on a Canon XL2, really like the camera for the quality you can get out of it. I shot about 80%, edited the first montage part and chose the song, I must be doing something right! I really like some of the shots. My favourite is the slow tilt with pull focus off the cards to the face. Only took a few tries so I think I got lucky!!
Wow I would love to get my hands on a Canon XL2 (and hopefully will be in the summer) just the ability to pull focus like that would be so much better compared to my HG10!

Last edited by Doctor Q; Jun 24, 2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post
Old Jun 14, 2009, 03:58 AM   #48
anim8or
macrumors 65816

A short i made at college a couple years ago.....

http://www.jodyblack.co.uk/absolution.html
Old Jun 14, 2009, 04:30 AM   #49
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by anim8or View Post
A short i made at college a couple years ago.....

http://www.jodyblack.co.uk/absolution.html
Wow nice. Somehow really gripping! I liked it a lot. Can't say I'll ever be able to do animation myself but this is really good!
Old Jun 14, 2009, 07:06 AM   #50
mooseface
macrumors member

Quote:
Wow I would love to get my hands on a Canon XL2 (and hopefully will be in the summer) just the ability to pull focus like that would be so much better compared to my HG10!
So would I, they are brilliant, if not expensive. My uni is pretty awesome as all we have to do is book them out and we can get it for about a week depending on demand. Next year we can get a Panasonic HPX500, and dam are they amazing!! I helped out on a mates film who used it and it looks so sexy. Here are the results:

http://www.vimeo.com/4210948

*Note* This is not my film, I just worked as a grip on it.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video