Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Apple Stores in the past have, usually, not received new items until the day before or even the day of their unveiling. Try again.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
According to a very reliable source of mine from inside apple, retail stores have begun receiving shipments from corporate by the truckloads of items marked not to be opened until May 27th. They are so secret, that they are shoved in a passcoded vault in the back of house to avoid any snooping employee eyes.

May 27th also seems like an interesting date, why pick this week and not 1-2 weeks from now during or after WWDC? Wouldnt that be an expected release of a large product? Perhaps the boxes were shipped early and we are going to be stuck waiting a couple weeks?

My source is a leader on the floor and has limited knowledge, however when asking her store manager the reply was "something big is coming. and i dont mean ooh new ipod big, i mean big. if a new ipod were to come out, that would be like valentines day. And this is christmas."

My initial thought was perhaps this tablet PC we've been hearing about? But i would imagine it to be far to early for that, seeing as how (as far as we know) its only been in production for a couple months. Then came the idea of a new iPhone or Snow Leopard, but these were releases already known were going to happen! Im fresh out of ideas as to what "christmas" is going to be, but damn am i excited to find out!

Any other ideas? DISCUSS!

Anyone working for Apple care to confirm or deny if stores have "passcoded vaults" that are off access to normal employees, but can hold a a truckload of pallets?

Sounds like the OP is more likely 2 days away from being possibily banned due to creating false rumours, than having the heads up on new unannounced product... Easily confirmable rumor though - as this would be seen across multiple stores if true. Isn't back to School promo material most likely?

macdim

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2007
Canada
At least get the date right. 27th is Wednesday. We would have seen a leaked picture of a box or something if this were the case.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
False rumors ? hehehe

Now we have to have "real" rumors ?

Give the guy a break. "False" rumors are discussed on this board daily. Especially 2 weeks before WWDC.

macdim

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2007
Canada
False rumors ? hehehe

Now we have to have "real" rumors ?

Give the guy a break. "False" rumors are discussed on this board daily. Especially 2 weeks before WWDC.

Obviously calling it a "false" rumor is stupid but when was the last time a retail employee was tipped off by his/her manager that Apple was releasing something super-secret in the next week, AND was right about it?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Obviously calling it a "false" rumor is stupid but when was the last time a retail employee was tipped off by his/her manager that Apple was releasing something super-secret in the next week, AND was right about it?

It's happened before.

[edit]

This is not to imply I think this rumor is true.

[/edit]

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I'll play along.

Maybe it's an iTablet. If Apple wants to have any sessions for developing for an iTablet, they'll need to let developers have one... so they release it today, and then they can have WWDC iTablet sessions.

Don't like an iTablet? Just replace it with something else you want to see.:)

Hopefully this time tomorrow I'm looking at something new!

brent0saurus

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2006
I'm going to bet, if true, they're a bunch of iPods for the back-to-school deal.

ditto. but for next tuesday. because the back to school promo didn't start today, and historically it starts the first week of june.
next tuesday is june 2nd so this lines up

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
I'll play along.

Maybe it's an iTablet. If Apple wants to have any sessions for developing for an iTablet, they'll need to let developers have one... so they release it today, and then they can have WWDC iTablet sessions.

Don't like an iTablet? Just replace it with something else you want to see.:)

Hopefully this time tomorrow I'm looking at something new!

it's not an iTablet

modular

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
interesting! if it say "do not open until" then it's gotta be something new (or updated product?). they wouldn't go out of the way just for a restock on ipods.

i guess we'll see soon..

brent0saurus

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2006
i honestly really hope it's something new. or even the ipods for the back to school promo (it would be awesome if it started tomorrow)
but, no offense OP, it's a little suspicious that you're a "macrumors newbie" and posting this rumor.

i'm wondering if the OP is a windows user that posted on here to fool us all. It would be kind of a funny prank, considering mac users go crazy at the slightest hint of a new product. personally, i'd step over my own grandma just to get some info on a new product!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.