Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethical

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Evening all,

I was just wondering, where would you suggest is a good place to buy nice modern looking furniture in the UK..... other than IKEA.

I found this site called CB2 through another users post, and it's exactly what I'm looking for, but is in the wrong country. Does anyone know of a similar place here in the UK?

Many thanks,

Luke

ethical

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
There's a Habitat in my home town, but I've never been inside. Thanks for the link :)

ethical

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
What! :eek: No Ikea across the pond!?!? :D

haha, no there is an IKEA over here.... they must have floated over on one of their pop-up doors.... I'm just not a fan to be honest. Some of the smaller "decoration" stuff is ok, but not the larger furniture.

ethical

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007

Attachments

• screen-capture-12.png
    screen-capture-12.png
    11 KB · Views: 341

nobunaga209

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
TX
.... they must have floated over on one of their pop-up doors.... I'm just not a fan to be honest. Some of the smaller "decoration" stuff is ok, but not the larger furniture.

That one made me el oh el. I hear ya though and agree. :)

ikermalli

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
You just sit look out the window, then pick up whatever people left on the curb, that's what my dad did when he was really poor (just came here from Africa).

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
haha, no there is an IKEA over here.... they must have floated over on one of their pop-up doors....

Pretty sure that scandinavia means that they would have had a nice walk over here THEN the float over the pond!

Loving boconcept by the way!

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
If you're anywhere near yorkshire barnitts has a fantastic showroom for modern furniture in the town centre, it's massive and sits above their shop.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Evening all,

I was just wondering, where would you suggest is a good place to buy nice modern looking furniture in the UK..... other than IKEA.

I found this site called CB2 through another users post, and it's exactly what I'm looking for, but is in the wrong country. Does anyone know of a similar place here in the UK?

Many thanks,

Luke
It’s interesting that you mention IKEA. My last time in an IKEA store in Minneapolis, it seemed like the offerings were on the junky side. Do they sell more expensive quality furniture?

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
It’s interesting that you mention IKEA. My last time in an IKEA store in Minneapolis, it seemed like the offerings were on the junky side. Do they sell more expensive quality furniture?

Junk indeed. I was at that one once and won’t ever return. It’s deliberately set up so you get lost inside and can’t ever leave. Literally the Hotel California.

Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.