Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old May 27, 2009, 10:20 PM   #1
iCube
macrumors 6502

Can I transfer photo's from Samsung a237 phone to iBook using USB cable?

Hello all!!
I tried to "Bluetooth file transfer" my cell phone pics to my iBook G4 1.2GHz 10.5.7, but my new Samsung a237 flip phone won't allow it like my old Motorola RAZR V3 used to. I bought the Samsung USB data cable and it came with no software and is Windoze only. Is there software available to make this work? I'm tired of having to text to my email every pic only to have them reduced down to a smaller size. I searched the internet and haven't had any luck. Has anyone had luck using my set up?
I tried Image Capture and iPhoto and the device won't mount.
Thanks for reading!
Old May 28, 2009, 05:49 AM   #2
SmurfBoxMasta
macrumors 65816

Location: If you come into the forest really late at night, I might tell you...or nOt :)

its a scam.........you can transfer all the DATA you want, but pictures, oh no, you have to use your service provider's picture mail (or whatever they call it now) "feature", which of course, is NOT free.......they will charge you not only for the minutes used to make the transfer, but also for the amount of "data" transferred......so now all of a sudden, when you are PAYING for the transfer, pictures and data are the same things.....HAHAHAHA what a friggin ripoff...........

FYI, I got caught up in this mess back when I was with Sprint and purchased what was supposedly a "bluetooth-enabled" phone. Enabled yes (it connected flawlessly with my mac thru BT), enabled for transferring PICTURES, hell NO.......

I had an ongoing complaint filed with their execs, the BBB, CPA, AGO, and the FCC for over 2 years.......it STILL has not been resolved and as far as I can tell, it never will be
Old May 30, 2009, 11:15 PM   #3
iCube
macrumors 6502

I guess the joke's on me.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs