Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
It's my Birthday in the next few weeks, I've got a $900 Krudd cheque burning a hole in my pocket so I've decided to splurge and buy me an XBOX 360, there are some very good deals out ATM and would like some advice of which to get...

Option 1
XBOX 360 Pro Console
GH3 with Guitar
HDMI cable
AUS$425

Option 2
XBOX 360 Pro Console
GoW
GoW2
Farcry 2
$449

Option 3
XBOX 360 Elite Console
Fable 2
Halo 3
Ghost Recon
HDMI Cable
$547

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Depends on what you want I suppose...
Option 1 for multiplayer
Option 2 if you like B-movies
Option 3, I'd go for that because of Fable 2. You know all 360's now have HDMI? My recently purchased Arcade has it too.

iSaygoodbye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
a boat
definitely option 3 because halo 3 an fable 2 are some amazing games.along with those go buy gears 2,call od uty 4 and call of duty world at war

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Option 1
XBOX 360 Pro Console
GH3 with Guitar
HDMI cable
AUS$425

The GH games are fun. However they aren't much a reason to buy a console.

Option 2
XBOX 360 Pro Console
GoW
GoW2
Farcry 2
$449

This is a FANTASTIC bundle. All 3 are great games and if you haven't played them yet at a friend's house or something, they will have you entertained for hours.

Option 3
XBOX 360 Elite Console
Fable 2
Halo 3
Ghost Recon
HDMI Cable
$547

Great choice as well, however if you arent getting Xbox Live, Fable 2 will get old quick, and so will Halo 3. Ghost Recon is too old to be bundled in there

Personally, I would go with #2.
Are you getting Xbox Live? Thats an important part in your decision. Option 2 would be like 50% more appealing with Xbox Live.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Personally I'd go with 3 however I'm off put by the price jump. However...

1. you get the Elite with the bigger HDD, and with the new dashboard you are going to want space to install your games to the HDD improving the efficiency of your machine (run's better, quieter, cooler)

2. You don't get the optional optical out port cable with anything but the Elite, and that thing is €50 on it's own. I could never get audio passthrough from my 360 to TV back to Amplifier via HDMI / SPDIF working correctly and the only way for me was going directly from the 360, and using the cable (or you'll end up having to hack to bits an AV cable)

3. Personally I found the games better in pack three. THey are my taste and at least I've finished the ones listed there :D Ghost Recon is old, but I'm assuming you get GRAW2 ?

You know all 360's now have HDMI? My recently purchased Arcade has it too.

Yep but only the Elite comes with the HDMI cable, and the optical out breakout box. ;)

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Hi guys, thanks for the posts I am considering getting 2 or 3 but no HDMI cable in the option 2 is a little bit of a turn off considering I have a 42" Sharp Aquos which I really want to make good use of.

I do know that all XBOX 360 now come with HDMI out but not all the pack contain an HDMI cable which I would love to be a part of the package because they aren't cheap in Australia...

redraidermacman

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Hi guys, thanks for the posts I am considering getting 2 or 3 but no HDMI cable in the option 2 is a little bit of a turn off considering I have a 42" Sharp Aquos which I really want to make good use of.

I do know that all XBOX 360 now come with HDMI out but not all the pack contain an HDMI cable which I would love to be a part of the package because they aren't cheap in Australia...

go to monoprice.com and get a cable there, i'm sure they ship to aussie. But, i would go with option 3 anyway because of the bigger HDD, because they are EXPENSIVE and fill up very fast.....anyway, good luck and have fun!

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Well I've just ordered Option 3 for another shop (JBHifi) with Gears of War 2 for $499 :D

Now I play the waiting game till the dang thing arrives :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.