Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old May 30, 2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Danneman101
macrumors 6502

Manually call tableview's didSelectRowAtIndexPath?

Is it possible to manually call the tableview's didSelectRowAtIndexPath with, say, the row-nr 1?

Code:
- (void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView didSelectRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath
{ 
     // stuff
}
If so, how would you construct that call? Im a bit confused as to how to make a functioncall with parameters in obj-c. My guess would be:

Code:
[MyTableView didSelectRowAtIndexPath:1];
..since my viewcontroller both declares and sets to property "MyTableView" in .h, and synthezises it in .m.

But even though it compiles (with a warning that "UITableView may not respond to -"didSelectRowAtIndexPath"), it crashes pretty quickly.
Danneman101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 08:15 PM   #2
firewood
macrumors 603

Did you put a prototype in your interface declaration?

Did you intend to to pass an integer into a indexPath object pointer parameter?
firewood is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 04:50 AM   #3
Danneman101
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewood View Post
Did you put a prototype in your interface declaration?
No, I just declared the tableView as such:
Code:
@interface Level1ViewController : UIViewController <UINavigationBarDelegate, UITableViewDelegate, UITableViewDataSource>
{
	IBOutlet UITableView			*myTableView;
}
The actual function-definition (didSel..) is in the .m-file. Do I need to put its prototype in the .h-file as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewood View Post
Did you intend to to pass an integer into a indexPath object pointer parameter?
Well, what I want to do is that under a certain condition managed by a settings-variable (for instance, if "setting_row == 1"), I want a table-row to be automatically selected as if row 1 in the tablerow had been pressed which would have called didSelectRowAtIndexPath. So that would mean manually passing the row-nr as a parameter, but perhaps it should not be in the form of an integer?
Danneman101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming