Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bphillips

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2009
I have a brand new MacBook Pro running Mac OS X Version 10.5.7. I recently installed Parallels and I'm running Windows XP off it. My iPhone is running 1.1.3 (it's an old one that i want to update and activate because my 3G broke). Whenever I run Parallels, my iPhone beeps and starts charging. It is recognized by Windows XP but not Mac. When I quit Parallels, it stops charging and is still unrecognized.

I looked at all the settings in Parallels and changed them all so that it associates every USB device with Mac and not with the virtual machine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

hefeglass

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
how long have you waited?

recently, with my 3g, i have had to wait up to a minuted for itunes to see my iphone...very strange. All started with the new os 3.0 beta for me though..so it may be unrelated.
you may want to give it some time...something to try i guess

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
Hmm, still sounds like Parallels somehow, someway wants to associate the device with the VM.

Did you try reinstalling Parallels?

I'd try closing your VM (do NOT suspend), then closing PD, and then uninstalling PD. Then try your iPhone and see if the issue is still occurring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.