Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 1, 2009, 08:52 AM   #1
angkor iphone
macrumors newbie

Suddenly iphone 2g does not charge on charger in power socket, or Mac USB port

My little baby dropped the phone yesterday and today the phone does not charge. I tried plugging it into different power cords in the house, into the USB port on my Mac. Nothing works.

When plugged into Mac, it gives this message 'This device is currently drawing too much power. The hub to which it is attached will be deactivated."

iTunes does not recognize the phone. When plugged into power socket, nothing comes up on screen.

I tried holding home button, not working. I tried holding both Home button and the 'On/Off button' on the top right, not working.

Any solutions, really appreciate it.
angkor iphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Phil A.
macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

Sounds like the drop has critically damaged it, unfortunately.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:54 PM   #3
angkor iphone
macrumors newbie

iPhone giving message 'This device is drawing too much power'

This phone was dropped many times before, so it's kinda weird it gave this message now. Anyone ever experienced this same issue? Guess if it's a hardware, nothing can be done...

Just wanted to make sure all possible solutions are exhausted before I throw the phone away.
angkor iphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:20 PM   #4
vgarg
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

Hey, I am having the same exact problem you had, were you ever able to figure out a solution to this? Any help would be appreciated.
vgarg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:27 PM   #5
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgarg View Post
Hey, I am having the same exact problem you had, were you ever able to figure out a solution to this? Any help would be appreciated.
Usually this is an indication that the battery has died. Do you have any charge left?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:15 PM   #6
vgarg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by -aggie- View Post
Usually this is an indication that the battery has died. Do you have any charge left?
No there is no charge left on it. Any solutions?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:36 PM   #7
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgarg View Post
No there is no charge left on it. Any solutions?
Get an upgrade or get a battery replacement.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 05:07 PM   #8
vgarg
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by -aggie- View Post
Get an upgrade or get a battery replacement.
oh okay, thanks a lot for your help. Just one more question, are there any self-replacement kits available online?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 07:46 PM   #9
stacymmmk
macrumors newbie

Don't throw your phone away!

I am having the same problem on my 3GS. I think the problem is with the cable, not with the phone or battery. Your case might be different because it started happening after it was dropped, and mine was out of nowhere. Did you try buying a new charger before getting rid of the phone? That has been my solution. I found the cable on Amazon for >$2.
stacymmmk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting