Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hello,
Anyone know if Adobe has Adobe Premiere Elements for MAC? I can't seem to find a link to their MAC products on Adobe.com

Thanks
Chris

Badradio

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2004
Manchester
They don't. The Windows and Mac versions aren't in sync. They even missed out version 5 for Mac is it took so long to go universal binary. I've not seen much in Windows version 7 that isn't in Mac version 6 though.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
They have a premiere elements video editing for mac? I have photoshop elements 6 for mac but that's different.

Chris

Badradio

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2004
Manchester
Ah, sorry. Misread your post. They don't make Premier for Mac any more - they discontinued it a few years ago when Final Cut ate into its sales too far.

Badradio

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2004
Manchester
Do you think Final Cut Express is good and not to insane to use?

If you want something a bit more capable (and not as damned confusing as iMovie 09) but don't want a pro setup, I thinking FC Express is amazing software, and at a great price. As for being insane to use, it's new to you, so there'll be a learning curve, but half an hour and you'll be doing anything you could do in iMovie. After that, it depends how deep you want to dig. I once had a go with Final Cut Pro, and although I don't understand 90% of what's in it, I could do basic editing and exporting/compressing without much trouble.

I only do a bit of video, but if I ever get more into it, I'll be buying FCE.

knickspree

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2010
Adobe PremiereElements 9

The new Premiere Elements 9 is now for Mac and Mac OS, I'm currently downloading a trial version for my MAC laptop to test it out and see how it works. I've got decent experience with Final Cut Pro, and as far as a professional editing suit I have little to no complaints, excellent for creating professional video.

However:

Negatives of Final Cut

1. The rendering time on FC is ridiculous, for doing even simple little things (I'm talking extremely simple) I have to constantly stop and wait for it to render.

2. Output is confusing as all heck. It doesn't allow me to simply output to a standard high-quality video file that can uploaded to the internet. Don't get me wrong, there's all kinds of options, however most of them are low-quality output and it took me forever to get it outputted to a decent quality file, and I was still disappointed.

3. Also, when you output it to DVD you have to go through iDVD or some other DVD suit, it doesn't allow you to simply write-it straight to DVD without any DVD menus or anything.

4. Because it is such a heavy video editing suite, it won't run on my brand new MAC laptop (and this is even an older version of Final Cut like 5 years or more).

Positives

As stated before, it's an extremely professional suit where if you know what you're doing, you can make some awesome stuff with it.

However, to return back to the point of Adobe Premiere Elements, I really love this editing suite because it's extremely WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) and yet it has a bunch of professional features for a consumer level price (unlike the pile of trash Imovie). Because it has so many high-end features, I was able to edit not one but 2 full-length feature films with Elements about 4 years ago on a PC. I've pushed it as far as it could go, and now I'm hearin the new Elements has a boatload of professional features with the consumer price (that will make the old version I used look like nothing).

The biggest benefit with the Pro-type software with the consumer price is that Elements gives you time lines where you can manually adjust the audio and video through key-framing and filters. This is huge for a professional filmmaker to have absolute control over his piece, Final Cut is the best example of giving you this while consumer pieces of garbage like iMovie and windows movie maker don't.

So if you're a professional filmmaker (or looking to join the professional ranks) I highly recommend Elements. It runs much more smoothly, less heavy, extremely compatible and gives you that professional edge that you can't come close to finding with other consumer products.

rakod

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2010
Chicago
Adobe Premiere Elements 7 for MAC?

"The new Premiere Elements 9 is now for Mac and Mac OS, I'm currently downloading a trial version for my MAC laptop to test it out and see how it works. I've got decent experience with Final Cut Pro, and as far as a professional editing suit I have little to no complaints, excellent for creating professional video."

I just bought an Imac, but I'm smack in the middle of an Adobe Prem Elements project on my PC using version 1.0 from 2004. So, can anybody tell me whether the project file will open on the mac in a new version of Premier elements for mac?

I don't want to unhook and junk the PC (and, really, it's time to) until I am absolutely sure of this. When I know, then I'll consider buying the software for mac.

Thanks,
David in Chicago

knickspree

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2010
"I just bought an Imac, but I'm smack in the middle of an Adobe Prem Elements project on my PC using version 1.0 from 2004. So, can anybody tell me whether the project file will open on the mac in a new version of Premier elements for mac?
[/QUOTE]"

My trial version of adobe elements was short-lived, It didn't function quite right, so I just got Final Cut Pro Express, and I'm very happy with that right now, and plan to do my next movie project on it.

When it comes to transferring almost anything from PC to Mac it's extremely difficult. I would compare it to trying to put a square block into a triangular box, just doesn't fit. I haven't tried transferring a movie project of any kind from a pc to mac, but I'm leaning towards the negative that it might be quite impossible to open in a different system....Good luck...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.