Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jun 2, 2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Dal123
macrumors 6502a

Photoshop CS4: Watermark Company Logo In Picture.

I'm trying to create a layer in photoshop over pictures of my construction work that shows text of my company name. At the moment I'm having to do it manually, with guides. It would be great if I could import my logo (which I created in Illustrator; attached). However it does not import well. What is a good way to import it.
I have about 500 pictures I need to do this with, they need to align the same place on the pictures / photo's (As I will be sitting down with a client soon pitching for a big construction project). Surely I could set-up an Automator action for this.
I tried copy and pasting the layer of the logo in photoshop, however cannot do this. It would be great if there was a way to do this. As at the moment I'm creating and typing text, then formatting the text in the layers panel.
This is obviously very important to me and any input would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Dal123; Jun 2, 2009 at 02:04 PM.
Dal123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:02 PM   #2
needlnerdz
macrumors regular

Google is your friend:

http://www.google.com/search?q=photo...atch+watermark

- there are dozens of screenshot guides.. here is the first one I read and looks like a winner [even though it is demo'd using a PC... same menu/panels apply]

http://www.webdesign.org/web/photosh...hop.13925.html

- The keyword is to learn about 'Actions' and the Batch tools built into Photoshop.

** Please make sure you tell the Batch to save it to a different location, to make sure you do not watermark your photos for good! [or just to be safe, create a backup of the folder until you are sure you won't overwrite them].
needlnerdz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:12 PM   #3
IgnatiusTheKing
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to IgnatiusTheKing Send a message via Skype™ to IgnatiusTheKing
Record an action where you place the logo (using the File > Place command) and resize it to fit.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 04:25 PM   #4
Dal123
macrumors 6502a

Thank you very much, I'll let you know how I get on.
Regards
Old Jun 7, 2009, 07:22 AM   #5
Dal123
macrumors 6502a

I'm having trouble importing the logo into photoshop. I've saved/ exported it as a JPEG (attached). However it has a white background. I want it clear, just with the ruler markings and text. I am also unhappy with its clarity. Maybe I need to save it as a higher quality. It appears distorted, does not look professional.
I'm imporing it by copy and pasting. I don't think Photoshop can handle vector artwork. How can I get it into Photoshop, good quality with a transparent background?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Watermark.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	615.9 KB
ID:	174458  
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:15 AM   #6
opeter
macrumors 6502a

Photoshop can handle vector art... from version CS1 if I remember correctly. Vector elements were there already in Photoshop 6.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Dal123
macrumors 6502a

I checked out Automator and it has an option to enter a graphic watermark in photoshop. Anyone know how to use it?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:03 AM   #8
IgnatiusTheKing
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to IgnatiusTheKing Send a message via Skype™ to IgnatiusTheKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal123 View Post
I checked out Automator and it has an option to enter a graphic watermark in photoshop. Anyone know how to use it?
No idea on that, but to get your AI image into PS, use the File > Place command.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 01:47 PM   #9
a cat *miaow*
macrumors regular

The best way to do watermarking is to create an action like the above poster said, and then to create a droplet from that. The droplet is similar to an automater script where you drag your files onto an executble saved on your hard disk *PS will then run the action and add the watermark to your files.

It's probably better to use a vectorised version of the logo saved as a PSD rather than having PS import an AI file each time.
a cat *miaow* is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 06:32 PM   #10
mBox
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by a cat *miaow* View Post
The best way to do watermarking is to create an action like the above poster said, and then to create a droplet from that. The droplet is similar to an automater script where you drag your files onto an executble saved on your hard disk *PS will then run the action and add the watermark to your files.

It's probably better to use a vectorised version of the logo saved as a PSD rather than having PS import an AI file each time.
Does anyone know if there is a script for placement on irregular sized images? It would be nice if I can use a co-ordinate system where all placed watermark is e.g. 50 pixel from bottom and left. This would be more for logo placement not really for copyrighting.
mBox is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics