Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
England
I'm trying to create a layer in photoshop over pictures of my construction work that shows text of my company name. At the moment I'm having to do it manually, with guides. It would be great if I could import my logo (which I created in Illustrator; attached). However it does not import well. What is a good way to import it.
I have about 500 pictures I need to do this with, they need to align the same place on the pictures / photo's (As I will be sitting down with a client soon pitching for a big construction project). Surely I could set-up an Automator action for this.:confused:
I tried copy and pasting the layer of the logo in photoshop, however cannot do this. It would be great if there was a way to do this. As at the moment I'm creating and typing text, then formatting the text in the layers panel.
This is obviously very important to me and any input would be much appreciated.

needlnerdz

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
switzerland
Google is your friend:

http://www.google.com/search?q=photoshop+cs4+batch+watermark

- there are dozens of screenshot guides.. here is the first one I read and looks like a winner [even though it is demo'd using a PC... same menu/panels apply]

http://www.webdesign.org/web/photoshop/photo-editing/batch-watermarking-adding-copyright-with-photoshop.13925.html

- The keyword is to learn about 'Actions' and the Batch tools built into Photoshop.

** Please make sure you tell the Batch to save it to a different location, to make sure you do not watermark your photos for good! [or just to be safe, create a backup of the folder until you are sure you won't overwrite them].

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
England
I'm having trouble importing the logo into photoshop. I've saved/ exported it as a JPEG (attached). However it has a white background. I want it clear, just with the ruler markings and text. I am also unhappy with its clarity. Maybe I need to save it as a higher quality. It appears distorted, does not look professional.
I'm imporing it by copy and pasting. I don't think Photoshop can handle vector artwork. How can I get it into Photoshop, good quality with a transparent background?

Attachments

• Watermark.jpg
    Watermark.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 110

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
Photoshop can handle vector art... from version CS1 if I remember correctly. Vector elements were there already in Photoshop 6.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
England
I checked out Automator and it has an option to enter a graphic watermark in photoshop. Anyone know how to use it?

a cat *miaow*

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2007
The best way to do watermarking is to create an action like the above poster said, and then to create a droplet from that. The droplet is similar to an automater script where you drag your files onto an executble saved on your hard disk –*PS will then run the action and add the watermark to your files.

It's probably better to use a vectorised version of the logo saved as a PSD rather than having PS import an AI file each time.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
The best way to do watermarking is to create an action like the above poster said, and then to create a droplet from that. The droplet is similar to an automater script where you drag your files onto an executble saved on your hard disk –*PS will then run the action and add the watermark to your files.

It's probably better to use a vectorised version of the logo saved as a PSD rather than having PS import an AI file each time.
Does anyone know if there is a script for placement on irregular sized images? It would be nice if I can use a co-ordinate system where all placed watermark is e.g. 50 pixel from bottom and left. This would be more for logo placement not really for copyrighting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.