Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

detz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
What are these, are they useful and how do I use them? :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 68

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Well, I'd hope many of them would be self-explanatory. The things you only have one of? You likely don't want to be transferring those. The support incidents are the two times you can, if you want, have Apple help you with an issue while you're developing. The software seed key is needed to use the software you download which is only downloadable by paid members (like OS betas). You can transfer them (keeping one yourself) to other members of your team, but that "members of your team" bit is pretty well defined and restricted by Apple.

ataylor2009

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2009
They seem pretty self explanatory to me.

Don't you just love useful replies?

Listen, folks - if you have enough time to respond with something stupid and smarmy because you think it's funny, then you have enough time to actually answer the question and maybe help somebody out. Technology forums in general already suffer from a bad reputation because the geeks who patrol them are such Nazis about helping people out - which is the reason the forum exists in the first place.

I'm not one of these "I'd like to teach the world to sing..." (you're humming the Coke commercial now, aren't you?) kind of people, but come on - we're all here because we share a common interest. Just because you were the geek who got bullied in high school doesn't mean you have to take out your frustrations on the rest of us.

ataylor2009

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2009
I'm not too sure what ADC Mailing is, but the rest are either self-explanatory or have already been answered.

Thank you for making my point.

I don't know the answers to the OP's question. You'll notice I didn't belittle, berate, or otherwise humble the poster for asking; I simply elected not to reply (other than my "rant") to a question to which I had nothing valuable to offer. I just don't see the point in trolling the forum only to reply, "You should already know the answer to that question." You might as well add "comma stupid" at the end. What's the point?

Oh - and, for what it's worth: "The ADC Monthly Mailing contains software, SDKs, DDKs, technical documentation, tools, reference material, and more. Get development resources delivered electronically or by DVD each month." It took me far less time to actually find the answer to the question than it did to write my original rant or this reply.

See how easy that was?

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Don't you just love useful replies?

Listen, folks - if you have enough time to respond with something stupid and smarmy because you think it's funny, then you have enough time to actually answer the question and maybe help somebody out. Technology forums in general already suffer from a bad reputation because the geeks who patrol them are such Nazis about helping people out - which is the reason the forum exists in the first place.

I'm not one of these "I'd like to teach the world to sing..." (you're humming the Coke commercial now, aren't you?) kind of people, but come on - we're all here because we share a common interest. Just because you were the geek who got bullied in high school doesn't mean you have to take out your frustrations on the rest of us.

I agree with you 132.65%. There are plenty of 'veterans' or even new people who respond in a very arrogant almost every time they answer a post. Its frustrating.

ataylor2009

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2009
All I was getting at was that you wrote a huge post talking about how you hate when members don't post useful replies, yet you posted a rant that had nothing to do with the OP. So basically, you were one of the members that you were ranting about when you posted that.

Sort of a catch-22, isn't it? Since my post was a direct response to another post that was a direct (if useless) response to yet another post, it seemed to make the most sense to post my post in the same area as the post about which I was posting, regardless of its applicability to the original post.

Would you that I post my post about a post in an unrelated post, far and away from the original post about which I was posting? Does it not seem like more of a rant to begin an entirely new post containing nothing but a rant, instead of pointing out an example that makes my point, and then commenting on it?

Anyway. This has been an entertaining diversion from my real job, but I don't want to get dragged into a endless chicken-and-egg debate over it. My point was simply that, in my opinion, the forum would be better served if responders simply tried to answer the original question. Perhaps I would have better made my point if I'd included the answer about the ADC mailing in my first post. Then again, maybe that sixth sentence would've pushed you right over the edge; after all, I'd already written "...a huge post..."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.