Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jun 3, 2009, 04:38 AM   #1
ktrupti
macrumors newbie

Trying to install provisioning profile on my iPod touch for testing the application

I have been trying to install provisioning profile on my newly bought iPod touch for testing the application that I wrote after 3 months of hard work. This is getting really frustrating for me when I try to push provisioning profile downloaded from program portal it should appear in the "Organiser". However it returns me with an error "The Developer Disk Image could not be mounted.
Xcode could not find an appropriate Developer Disk Image to mount on MetaSys iPod. Please contact Apple for the 2.2.1 (5H11a) device support package."

If I click on provisioning profiles under it the message in yellow prompts me "A signing identity matching this profile could not be found in your keychain". I have tried many things to work around this with the inputs from apple support pages and internet searches but to no avail. Now I am thinking of formatting to rebuild the OS.

Can anyone please help me in resolving this? I am a bit skeptical if I format OS and rebuild it should not cause any new trouble for me. Any ideas?!

Thank you in advance.
ktrupti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:36 AM   #2
ckarcher
macrumors newbie

Quote:
"A signing identity matching this profile could not be found in your keychain"
May be a silly question, but did you install the appropriate certificate in your keychain? The How-To section in the developer portal is pretty helpful with step-by-step instructions on how to deploy an application to a device.

Then again, this second message may just be a result of the first error, which I've never seen. Have you tried re-installing Xcode?
ckarcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:09 AM   #3
ktrupti
macrumors newbie

Trying to install provisioning profile on my iPod touch for testing the application

I did install the certificate as per instructions under How-To section on the portal. I am following all the steps as given but still problem occurred and now I am at loss. No I havenít reinstalled XCode. Do you think that will help?
ktrupti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:00 AM   #4
ckarcher
macrumors newbie

I would definitely try re-installing the SDK before blowing away your whole system. You can get the latest 2.2.1 SDK at

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/do...2621afinal.dmg
ckarcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:04 PM   #5
AiralynRose
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to AiralynRose
Did you sign your code with your key?
Did you add your device in the program portal and also select that device to be able to run the provisioning profile?

You might have to restore the device. I had to whenever I first started installing my own apps on my phone. Somehow I got a profile messed up and it just wouldnt let me install anything.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming