Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:44 PM   #1
Pianoplaynfool
macrumors newbie

If we see updates, when will we get them?

Will the updates (if any) be issued on Monday, the start of the WWDC, in the middle, at the end?

What is Apple's priority on this?
Pianoplaynfool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

as in to the MBP line?

Minor speed bumps if anything (such as the white macbook just received).
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:02 PM   #3
alphaod
macrumors Core

There won't be any updates.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:20 PM   #4
Duff-Man
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
There won't be any updates.
Duff-Man says...most probably not. What is virtually guaranteed though is a whole bunch more threads asking about updates between now and the start of WWDC followed by a whole bunch more afterwards complaining about there being no updates....oh yeah!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:23 PM   #5
themoonisdown09
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff-Man View Post
Duff-Man says...most probably not. What is virtually guaranteed though is a whole bunch more threads asking about updates between now and the start of WWDC followed by a whole bunch more afterwards complaining about there being no updates....oh yeah!
I think you just accurately foresaw the future... Duff-Man knows all!

Last edited by themoonisdown09; Jun 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: My genital warts itch.
themoonisdown09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:25 PM   #6
Unprocessed1
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoonisdown09 View Post
I think you just accurately foresaw the future... Duff-Man knows all!
Ohhhhhh Yeeeahh!
Unprocessed1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:16 AM   #7
bonini
macrumors newbie

I believe what the OP is asking is at what point during WWDC are the MBPs likely to be updated, as in the beginning, middle or end of the conference. I realize its impossible to know for sure, but I am curious if anyone has any good guesses based off apples past actions.
bonini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:03 AM   #8
Duff-Man
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonini View Post
I believe what the OP is asking is at what point during WWDC are the MBPs likely to be updated, as in the beginning, middle or end of the conference. I realize its impossible to know for sure, but I am curious if anyone has any good guesses based off apples past actions.
Duff-Man says...At events such as these (WWDC, past MacWorld's etc) product announcements are generally made during the keynote speech. It's also the norm for the keynote giver to say as part of the announcement what the availability is - ie Steve saying "out now" or "ships next month" or something like that.

As has been said already - *if* there is anything in the Macintosh hardware line-up being updated it is going to be very minor and not even likely to be included as part of the keynote. The fact that any update will be minor (and again, updates are not likely at all, for the hundredth time) makes it more likely that if/when they do happen it will not be at an event such as this but done quietly with no fanfare at some point in time after, like the minor update to the Macbook recently....oh yeah!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro