Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benguitar

Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
I record a lot of guitar covers, and I play along side iTunes tracks (Avril Lavigne, Nine Inch Nails, etc) but I've noticed that with some of the tracks that I was able to record next to in Garageband are not available to be recorded with in Logic?

Can anyone help me? Do I just need to buy those tracks again so they are DRM free?

pkoch1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Boston
I record a lot of guitar covers, and I play along side iTunes tracks (Avril Lavigne, Nine Inch Nails, etc) but I've noticed that with some of the tracks that I was able to record next to in Garageband are not available to be recorded with in Logic?

Can anyone help me? Do I just need to buy those tracks again so they are DRM free?

Hi Ben,

You can convert them to DRM free for $0.30 through iTunes. It is true that if they are protected, you won't be able to import them into Logic. Good luck!

Benguitar

Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Hi Ben,

You can convert them to DRM free for $0.30 through iTunes. It is true that if they are protected, you won't be able to import them into Logic. Good luck!

That was the problem, It already said that my entire library was DRM free. And it wasn't.

So I just deleted the songs I needed and re-purchased them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.