Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bpetruzzo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
I only post this because it took me forever to find an easy answer to this question. So now, maybe next time someone has this problem it won't take so much searching on Google to find an answer.

I like to use my Mac like a DVR and sometimes after I recompress a video the audio is out of sync. It also sometimes happens when I'm ripping new DVD's to my hard drive. I searched for a long time trying to find a simple solution. I even tried training my self not to care about the syncing issues. Of course it didn't work.

I used VLC, which kind of worked, but I don't like to be pulled out of Front Row, because then I have to get out of my chair.

Well, finally I found QTSync which does the trick perfectly and it was really easy--not to mention free. Just offset the audio and video on-the-fly and then save it. It only takes a few seconds to save and it's once again a self-contained movie that can be played in Front Row or whatever you want. It's a great tool. If you moved the videos to other computers, I don't know what would happen. But it seems to work perfect on the original machine.

Anyway, if you happen to be having this problem, check out QTSync:
http://www.qtsync.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.